Webcam Feed inside SL?

SteveFree

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4059 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Will there ever be an ability to have a webcam feed inside SL? I'm a musician and I'd like to do a show with a screen behind my avatar with me on it actually playing? Technally possible? I realise it would probably need changes to the viewer and even the server side, but is there any long term plan to be able to feed a webcam into SL? I mean it's right there on the same computer? Maybe it's an aesthetic thing? Suspected to ruin the SL 'otherwordly' feel - maybe it would I dunno? Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

Ustream is a good choice.

A word of caution about attached media: The LL viewer default is to disable attached media and only allow it from rezzed media prims.

If you're interested in building a following and have places to play: There's quite a few live music venues in SL who are happy to give performers a spot to play. Often performers charge for their appearance, so new performers who'll play for tips are typically welcome with open arms and the tips are likely better.

Search for "Live Music" and contact the venues that pop up... make sure they cater to singers/musicians and aren't a DJ venue - for some odd reason some also consider that "live". If you want I can also send you a NC with venues I know of.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4059 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.