? for ALL about (BLOODLINES VAMPIRES in NO BITE ZONES) give your input to this?

Tyrath

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2878 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Ceka Cianci wrote:

Czari Zenovka wrote:

Ceka Cianci wrote:

the onyl scam going on is that they make it sound like they took something from you..when really..

The scam to which I was referring is the "money sucking" the creator is doing/gaining from Bloodlines players.  That was the main reason my friend quit playing it - it got expensive.

Just another thought on the subject that has been mentioned before and not in response to your post, Ceka, just in general....Bloodlines is the only game in SL that one has to deliberately opt out of if they don't want to be continually spammed instead of opting into a game by choice.

Sorry  for the misunderstanding Czari..

I only read the OP and responded.. they had mentioned scam to where they felt the need for the potion..i was just saying they made people feel they needed it when they really didn't need it..

i wasn't talking about the players..just those that may have gotten bitten..

myself..it may have been when i was clearing off my messeges  after coming online..

that could be the only way i was bitten..i never opted in as in..seeing it..it may have been in my junk mail    when messeges get capped and you just want to clear them fast..

i've seen my name on their site..so i know it was bloodlines..

that's as involved in that game as i will get.. i don't get spammed by them anymore..i did a couple of times  with them saying i was ghould..

i guess whatever was said  was enough to make them not want to IM me anymore hehehe

my name is in a lot of data bases on the net that i didn't know about before and probably don't  know about now..

it's just one more brick in the wall hehehe

the designer of that game wanted us the ones that got bit to look at it as our soul was in limbo and needed to get off their site..

just saying..people don't buy into the hype was all..

I agree, especially with your last sentence. :)

Ceka Cianci wrote:

the designer of that game wanted us the ones that got bit to look at it as our soul was in limbo and needed to get off their site..

Just saying.People don't buy into the hype was all..

Now this is very true  I have to agree to this statement as it is all just a form of hype. And yes as we all travel in to SL to explore things and learn new stuff each day we keep coming back for a few reasons. But as it mat be for each one of us there is one common thread that hold us all together  that is we are the person behind the Avi and uses our words and mind set ..Unlike a video game were yea just run a char around working on a mission to reach a goal.

I like the simple fact we can do this. As we all know that is so true to be I guess that is why people can get passionate about diff things in SL . If it be falling in love or learning to be social or fending off vampires and even being someone who could not do some real things in RL (as people with disabilities)....So on ward as we trek in to SL we will keep up the good experience and share our thought as it is human nature to do so and enjoy it

I do wish to thank each person who so far has read this thread and who has added something to it . Even though we are but a small number of people you got to just think " How would this get answered if the main stream of SL read it " boy we get a lot of post then....

one of the main differences between V2/3 and V1 viewers is that messages and dialogs are handled a bit differently

you can set it so that they fade off the screen and into the history list. so you don't need to click on every one if you don't want

can clear the history with one click or can go thru the list later and pick out just the ones you want to open

+

if linden did one thing right with V2/3 it was this. used to drive me insane on V1 when blue dialog screens piled up and you had to go thru them all sequentially to find the ones you cared about. and have to decide on each one which button to click, just to clear them off the screen

Bobbie Faulds wrote:

The other problem with the Hunger players is that many seem to feel entitled to fly into sims, do their bite thing and fly out. They use their huds to find players in whatever sim they may be in. Problem is, in the RP sim I'm an admin in, the estate is set as no fly. They have their settings on their viewer as override or always fly, thus going against what the sim owner has set. They also refuse to answer when approached or are arrogant and get the boot and ban treatment.

cannons or angry bees or whichever pain fits your theme (:

put a collision box at the landing point. then when avatar TP in then makes a collision on the box. can grab their AgentInfo that way. is how the Linden Realms kinda does it

if flying then warn. ignore warn and start flying then bzzzzzztt! (:

16 wrote:

one of the main differences between V2/3 and V1 viewers is that messages and dialogs are handled a bit differently

you can set it so that they fade off the screen and into the history list. so you don't need to click on every one if you don't want

can clear the history with one click or can go thru the list later and pick out just the ones you want to open

+

if linden did one thing right with V2/3 it was this. used to drive me insane on V1 when blue dialog screens piled up and you had to go thru them all sequentially to find the ones you cared about. and have to decide on each one which button to click, just to clear them off the screen

I'm one of those people that enjoy the V1 UI.  It drove you insane...V2/3 drives me insane.  Fair enough? ;)

Czari Zenovka wrote:

Tyrath wrote:

Oh yes We have the right to Opt-Out of the Bloodlines game buy getting a FREE Garlic Necklace and yes you too will still be put in a database you never asked to be put on . Now does that still stop the “Bloodlines “ player from asking you ? YES it does as it will tell them they cant ask ...BUT ….I have friends real close to me that they don't get the pop up but instead they get a IM like this. “ take off that necklace so I can bite you “

I agree with you about my SL avatar being an extension of myself; I actually prefer the terms online/offline as opposed to SL/RL because for me all life is "real."  That said, I too detest this whole Bloodlines marketing pyramid because that is exactly what it is.  There have been people who rp vampires in SL who have posted in the forums that they also abhor the Bloodlines "game" - the point most often made that "many/most" of the Bloodline group don't even rp well, they just run around spamming for bites. 

It is unfortunate, to say the least, that the average new person to SL first finds out about Bloodlines after they've been spammed and/or unwittingly "bitten."  There are so many things that have similar drop down boxes that if one receives several at a time and just starts clicking to get them off the screen, an unwary person can easily be "bitten" without realizing it.  I agree that it would be a great idea if LL included a garlic necklace in an avatar's beginning inventory, but I don't see that ever happening.  Iirc, it was pressure from the SL community that caused the creator of Bloodlines to create the necklace in the first place.

I've had people come to me in tears, asking how they can "cure" vampire bites when they have no money. They're convinced (and apparently are told by vampires) that just ignoring the whole darn thing isn't enough, that somehow their account is flagged on the LL servers as a vampire and they must now either buy expensive "vampire cures" or cancel their account and start from scratch.

I've several friends with bloodlines ties who help me check out those stories, and most of those people were never bitten at all. So there's apparently spampires running around selling fake "vampire cures" (or even selling stuff for bloodlines) by scamming random people with false stories that they're "registered vampires".

Czari Zenovka wrote:

I'm one of those people that enjoy the V1 UI.  It drove you insane...V2/3 drives me insane.  Fair enough?
;)

is the having to click every dialog that drive me insane. like when you get hit with a spammer grief. can get 100s of them sometimes. can lag the viewer to death they can. crasho even sometimes

even if not greifed then is pretty good the list way. like if in a lot of groups then when log in can have quite a lot of notices offers and stuff.  the 99+ list is quite a good way of dealing with it. can just look the list. pick out what you want. and dump the rest all in one click

+

have got Henrys VL on my computer. it goes as good as v3 performance wise. i keep up with it bc his 1.26.4 based on the older render engine is pretty much perfect for less powered computers. (it can do mesh as well) so i recommend that one to anyone who struggling to get the v3.x render engine going on their computer

i like software for features that i need/want. can make me mad insane tho when it don't go. or makes me do stuff that i don't want to do. like must click this other thing before can click on the thing i want to do

i quite like Catznip as well bc it have a good minimap. and the right click menus have subtle enhancements that you not really notice until switch back to the official and go waah! bc is not there. the make your own custom inventory view is pretty good as well

Tyrath wrote:

I have a ? for all out there ...I’m hoping that you can shed some light on this.

I Love Sl and having the time to bounce around the wonderful sims. The one thing I see the most of when I pop on a Info,Safe hub, Freebee zone are Vampires. I read the rules of each one of those sims and they state “ No Bites , No Bloodlines , No recruiting for Bloodlines, . Each one has it on there different but still the same meaning to what they want on there Sims. A safe place for people to come to with out getting random bite request all the time.

Now mind ya I do like to chat with people and I do find people that are good “ Bloodlines “ players who will ask others “ Do you know about Bloodlines/Vampires “ they will tell you that there coven has strict rules about “spampires” and that you will be booted out of the coven for it. BUT then you got the ones out there who do not care about it. So as I'm standing in a freebee zone writing this I get unwanted bite request form several “Bloodlines “ players. Now my so called soul was in Limbo and I fell in to the money trap of buying the wormwood potion after I lost my So called soul. ( I'm a person who is behind the avatar so I feel I have a soul as my avi is an extension of myself) So wanting my Soul back I fell in to buying the potion (scam from makers of Bloodlines ) . So why are they still hunting in these places ?

Most of the “Bloodlines “ players can not pay the high cost of the things they need to stay alive in the game so they hunt noobie and people who are just trying to have a good SL time . Its also very strange that the maker of Bloodlines Lyle Maeterlinck wrote this “
The Bloodlines system was designed to spread like a real vampire curse through Second Life.
If there were vampires running around trying to bite everyone in real life, surely there would be some people who were upset. I think it has been an interesting social experiment to see how a curse of this kind can successfully spread through a virtual population. I think it's even more interesting if people think of the vampires as  "despised", as people might despise a real vampire curse. “

Oh yes We have the right to Opt-Out of the Bloodlines game buy getting a FREE Garlic Necklace and yes you too will still be put in a database you never asked to be put on . Now does that still stop the “Bloodlines “ player from asking you ? YES it does as it will tell them they cant ask ...BUT ….I have friends real close to me that they don't get the pop up but instead they get a IM like this. “ take off that necklace so I can bite you “ So another ? Would you like if someone put your name on a list in RL and you are now marked with something you are not aware of ...your name is out there for spammers or griefers to take a poke at you just because they want to ?

So back to the top of this form ….I am asking why is this still going on? Why are there Vampires hanging out in these sims ? We all have the right to free speech and freedom to go were we want n all.....But we also have the right not to be harassed by a game that is only out to make money off us when we wanted nothing to do with it in the first place.

In Closing I really feel that all people coming in to SL need a free Garlic Necklace and have the option to take it off to join the”Bloodlines” game when they want. Now I know you vampires out there will say that humans are the prey and should fear us ...ok I will give you that lil bit ...BUT ….does the “Bloodlines” game make it fair for Us Humans to hunt you down and kill you as in most vampire lore does ? I mean How would it be if there were “Vampire Hunters “ in SL that could take all your souls you have earned hunting people down ? I bet you all would cry “foul” But as we all know LL or BL will not let that happen...SO......All we can do is if you are in one of those “NO BITE ZONES” and you get a unwanted request from a “Bloodlines” player send in a AR on them and hope they don’t come back with a alt ...but …..they do anyway heck I know first hand of one telling me they have alts just to spampire hunt and then pass the souls to there org vampire avi.

Ok im done lets see what this brings up in here .

Learn to ignore, mute, and go about your day.  I find bloodline complainers more annoying the bloodline players because they can't follow those simple instructions.

Ahhh TY for that Very(VERY) short response there honerken you must of not read it well or you are a Bloodlines player. Ahhhh either or, I do feel it would been much nicer if you would interject something that would be a benefit to the form. We all have a right to to voice our opinion, but come on put in a lil more effort to it and explain why you feel this way.

• 1 year later...

I just got a place and became a resident and apparently this is STILL a problem!  The arrogance of these self-described "vampires" is beyond my comprehension!  They are cheating at their childish game and refuse to police themselves... as they harass and attack new residents in violation of Second Life's Terms of Service.  The clearly posted signs stating that unsolicited vampire bites are forbidden are routinely ignored!  New residents should NOT have to deal with this harassment! 
Perhaps all the 'bloodlines vampires' should be banned from Second Life since they can't seem to abide by the rules?!

• 1 year later...

I am really late on this, but I just wanted to say this, as a vampire:

The idea of vampire hunters in SL is AWESOME. Seriously, I would love to see that. It would, to me, add to the thrill, trying not to be caught. The only issue is, most sims don't allow damage, so even if the vamps or any other fantasy culture in BL were hunted, it wouldn't mean much, unless it did damage within the BL system. If you are still playing, I suggest you bring that up to LL somewhere. I would love to see that become a thing.

As for us hanging out at Freebie places, and I can't speak for everyone out there, but a lot of us go there to hunt and gain minions to advance in the game. Some people do this unfairly, by biting first and asking questions later. That's a low blow IMO. I have yet to gain a single minion because I guess I do it the "right way" lol. But in all seriousness, I ask people if they need help, and I don't go after the people who JUST joined. I want them to at least have a feel for SL first. Anyway, a lot of people who want to be in BL, whether they heard about it or not, they will tell you/ask you. You don't have to say a thing. Now I've started talking to destroyed vampires because I don't like going after new people. The "idea" of being a vampire or lycan is appealing to some, but it really is expensive as hell, and I don't want to have someone who is so excited to be in that only to be screwed over because they just don't have the money to pay.

I'm not saying this to make myself sound better than anyone else, I'm just saying that, from what I have seen at the free places, MOST of us anymore don't randomly try to bite people....but there are people who do, and they make all of us look bad. :-/

Either way, since I'm so late, I'm sure you have probably forgotten about this entirely lol. But seriously, Vampire hunters would be an awesome addition to BL roleplayers....provided BL doesn't try to make a fortune off of that too.... *sigh*

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2878 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.