Nuhai Ling

What is happening to right hands?

Is anyone experiencing "missing right hand syndrome" lately? Recently I have noticed that every avatar's right hand "blinks" by disappearing for a moment and then reappearing in rapid succession. This includes my own hand! It is not preventing interaction but it is a little annoying.

I recently started using Firestorm in preparation for the upcoming server-side changes. I wiped all previous viewers from my system before loading it so I should not have an over-write issue. I am also a Window user so that takes the Mac factor out. I have been fapping more than usual though (spring must be coming) but that should affect my RL eyesight and not my avatar, right? :matte-motes-big-grin-squint: 

/me quickly checks her right hand... ( o .0)

Phew, it's still there as good as ever. :matte-motes-big-grin:

I haven't noticed flickering dissappearing right hands on other avatars either.
(Using Firestorm 4.3.1.31155)

I only notice this when I use a wrist blender with some mesh hands, if I use the hand alone, no flicking, but only when I attach hands, not my own hand, maybe an alpha you are wearing with sleaves or something might cause that

I've had the same problem, and its really noticible. The hand isnt mesh, and it flickers between there and invisible. I relog and the issue is solved---until it decided to come back again.

Not sure what the problem is.

No problems with it here. Since it seems that more than one is having issues with it, I would check the Firestorm JIRA and wiki to see if there is a solution there and if not report it.  They also have a support group you can join to ask questions like this.

this happened a few years ago..the results were..

men cheating on their left in great numbers that threw things out of balance and wearing out the right on the servers..

don't worry ..it should go back to normal in a couple of weeks when these extra rights start talks of commitment

:P

Happens to me once in a while in Firestorm only, and only on once computer of the 2 I use. Relogging fixes it.

Now that I think of it though, it's been a few weeks since I noticed it happening.

Question, are you wearing mesh clothing when this happens? The reason I'm asking is that the default attachment point is the right hand and many designers don't bother to change it. When I wear a new mesh outfit for the first time, I add and then note where the item attaches. If it attaches to my right hand, I take it off and then go to add and specify where I want it to attach. If pants, it goes on the stomach or spine. Shirts and dress I uses the left or right pec. Rigged mesh will still show in the right place. I suspect that since you can only have 5 attachments to any attachment point, you are having mesh conflict since you may have multiples attached to your right hand.

Hi all,  I know this is an old post, but I'm having problems with this now.  I've been on SL for only 2 weeks using the SL Viewer, and for most of that time the right hand keeps disappearing/reappearing.  The funny thing is, I've noticed other avatars with the same flickering right hand.  Someone (sorry I forgot to check who before posting) mentioned about typing /me in chat to rectify it, but it didn't work on mine.  Mine even flickers when my avatar is in the nude.  Any more up to date suggestions from anyone please? Thanks

Caitlin, I experienced the same issue as you describe, on me and it was random. When I detected it, I took everything off and there was no issue with any attachment in my case. I logged off and also I deleted some of the files that SL maintains between sessions in the PC (maybe this list is not comprehensive, but these are the files that I delete from the Temp directory I defined in SL:

del *.dsf
del avatar_*.*
del *.inv.gz
del data.db2.x*
del index.db2.x*
del name.cache
del *.cached_mute
del experience_cache.*
del texture_list*.*
rmdir texturecache /S /Q
rmdir objectcache /S /Q
rmdir cef_cache /S /Q

Then I logged back to SL and the movement of my hand was gone. 

Maybe you can expand and fit this workaround for your specific case.

5 hours ago, Mistique Starbrook said:

Disappearing right hand is happening again in 2017.  LOL

Yes , and on full system avatar, no mesh bits on. 

Edited by bebejee

On 9/19/2017 at 5:15 PM, Storm Clarence said:

From what I heard avatars are whacking their left hand so now their right hands are left.

Since I tend to get my left and right reversed, I might whack them both for good measure.  :|