How can I get IM and local chat in single box? On SL Viewer?

Dex Davros

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3622 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

What box? Local chat (which is public) always appears on the screen, whilst IMs appear in their own window and they are private.

Please clarify your question: use "options" > "Edit" at the top right corner of your post to add text, or press "Permalink" under a reply to type a comment. Please DO NOT start a new thread. Thank you. :smileyhappy:

7 answers to this question

What box? Local chat (which is public) always appears on the screen, whilst IMs appear in their own window and they are private.

Please clarify your question: use "options" > "Edit" at the top right corner of your post to add text, or press "Permalink" under a reply to type a comment. Please DO NOT start a new thread. Thank you. :smileyhappy:

Good question. I know that in Firestorm, you can click Nearby Chat at the bottom of the screen to have it appear in the gray window where you see your contacts and groups, on a tab on the side. Below that would appear tabs with your IMs and group chat. I don't know if this feature is on the official viewer, or not.

• Like 1

In the latest Beta viewer it is like that by default. It should make its way into the Standard viewer soon. It's called CHUI.

Dex! :P

Here is a link to the info and the corresponding video. I use the Beta viewer and I was shocked and hated the new interface, CHUI, but after seeing the video I feel much better about it.

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Featured-News/An-Update-on-Recent-Improvements-to-Second-Life/ba-p/1911479

• Like 1

Yep, but the local will still show in a separate local chat floater, just the IMs show as tabs. With the new CHUI all of that is in one box, which I do not care for, but then again I am sure I will get used to it. I actually disabled my chat as much as I could until I figure it all out. It's weird having two of your accounts talk to each other just to get it all sorted :P

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3622 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.