Shadow on a rigged mesh object !

LeiaMelo

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4064 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello,

that is a strange things which happens, I try to explain :

1. I made a trouser, try to fit as well to the avatar, and rigged it. When I click on it in object mode, the three axes are well oriented. All seems normal. I precise, I don't use solidify.

2. I import it in Sl, without rigg, no pb, the mesh is visible and ready to texturize.

3. I import it in Sl, with rigg, and amazing, the mesh is not visible, I have to flip all the normals, and the export it in collada again ...

But the pb now is when I see it in the light the shadow aren't in the good orientation ... That make me crasy and i don't why, and how to fix that !!

It could either be an issue with the normal orientation, smoothing groups, or the the known issues with the AO shader ignoring smoothing.

Drongle McMahon made a good entry about the AO issue here: http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Mesh/Ambient-occclusion-by-viewer-ignores-smooth-shading/td-p/1828527

But yes, to help more i guess a screenie would do good. =)

Of course, it's better with pictures, sorry for that. Here they are :

Snapshot_008.jpgSnapshot_007.jpg

Snapshot_003.jpg

As you can when I upload the mesh is not in the correct orientation, and as you see in the txo first pictures, the shadow are not the same between the shirt and the pant.

arr snap seems u ran off again. (seen in your screenie that u were in Skidz, i'm sandbox manager there so thought i'd jump online quick to check on your pants directly.)

By the looks of the pictures allone it seems that either breaks in smoothing groups, or possibly too tight edgeloops could be the cause here.

Also, are all faces vertices connected or are there breaks/gaps at certain spots.?

Oh, thx for the managing of this sandbox, I like it ;-)

To answer at your question, the belt and the trouser are not connected, I made the trouser, then the rope then I join the two with ctrl + J in Blender ...

So I guess, it exists some breaks !

hm .. okay but that would not explain the kind of 'sharp' break between the upper and the lower leg. which is so far the only thing i can notice peaking into the eye. (so to say) i am not sure whats going on on the lower border of the pants. if thats just the shadow showing the inside of the pants or if there is like a dark rim of faces going on. and this kind of up-side-down looking lighting may be a sign for again flipped normals or at least weird angles.

I sent you a friendsinvite. Accept it if you want. (makes it easier so we dont pass each other 20 times again lol)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4064 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.