Something screwed up with the restarts today

Trin1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4061 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Me and a lot of other people (the chat rooms are lighting up) keep getting this message "Second Life: User not online - message will be stored and delivered later." no matter who we im, online or off doesn't matter.

It's kind of annoying.

Trin

I am guessing that this is as a result of whoever you IMed having their privacy to non-friends selected so that they only appear online to people on their friends list.

I saw this when I IM'ed a non-friend tonight, but IMs  to friends online were as normal.  This is how it is supposed to work, though I agree it is strange to get it when you know, maybe even can see, the av you are IMing is online.

Cerise Sorbet wrote:

I sort of expected that one to get annoying.

This was a
this week --

Fix for 'IM does not respect "allow user to see my online status" flag in friends list' (
)
  • If a friend does not have 'See my online status' permission, they will now see "User is not online .." message following IM or inventory offer.

No **bleep**  lol

I can see why they made that change but it's already irritating after one day on an RC :smileymad:

Whirly Fizzle wrote:

No **bleep**  lol

I can see why they made that change but it's already irritating after one day on an RC :smileymad:

I'm HOPING it will sort of correct itself, and people will start to ask "why am I hiding online status if I'm not really pretending to be offline?"

Hmm this does not seem to be working as it should.

I have 2 alts logged in on different Magnum regions who are not friends.

Neither alt hides its online status.

Sending IM's between these 2 alts always produces the "User not online - message will be stored and delivered later." message.

Whirly Fizzle wrote:

Hmm this does not seem to be working as it should.

I have 2 alts logged in on different Magnum regions who are not friends.

Neither alt hides its online status.

Sending IM's between these 2 alts always produces the "User not online - message will be stored and delivered later." message.

I almost hate to ask this, but is that with the Official Viewer?

Regardless, that is a huge snafu.

Perrie Juran wrote:

I almost hate to ask this, but is that with the Official Viewer?

Regardless, that is a huge snafu.

Yeps.

One alt was on the current Viewer 3 release and one was on the current Viewer 3 Beta.

I also tested with Firestorm - same results.

FYI,  I re-tested it with avis on different server releases. And yep you're right on RC it's definitely not working as intended - at least I can't imagine that's how it's intended to work.

Therefore I retract my previous statement and am heading off to eat crow now. Chocolate crow though... don't want to eat an innocent bird :)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4061 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.