second life viewer will not run on my laptop???????????

HULDAN1991

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4067 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

3 answers to this question

It is most likely that your laptop isn't hefty enough to run second life which is a VERY graphic intense application. You could try updating your graphics card drivers as a first step.

If your laptop is older and especially if it has an integrated graphics card as many do, you will most likely only be able to run second life on an old style third party viewer. Check the listing of third party viewers for Second life. The least drain on your system (from what my techie friends tell me) is Singularity.

Beware that in the not too distant future those old viewers won't work at all. Changes are coming and unless someone backports the newness like they did with mesh (it might happen) there are going to be a LOT of folks tha won't be able to log into SL any longer. Sorry for the bad news.

I would like to forward you to this link to see if your laptops hardware meets these criteria:
http://secondlife.com/corporate/sysreqs.php

Even though you didnt provide a lot informations on what specifications and hardware your laptop has;
But the info hat your laptop runs vista could indicate that it is already a bit older and possibly the mobile graphic card does not meet the criteria to run secondlife anymore, or your graphic drivers might need an update.

Mobile graphic cards can in general be a bit tricky, also with newer hardware. So please make sure to check out this link.

Cheers, Code.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4067 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.