Hi there I have an Avatar called Jasper Redrose and cant seem to log in as him.

grym Threebeards

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4061 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hi there i need some help i have an alias or alt on SL as Jasper Redrose but i cant seem to log him in all i get is this

We're sorry. It looks like the username or password that you entered were incorrect. Check that your caps lock key is not enabled. If you continue to have trouble, then please contact Second Life Supportand we'll be glad to help you.

I am unsure if the Avatar is still activeas i have not loged into SL using him for a while??

If the avatar is inactive i would like to make him active again.

Please Help

• Like 1

2 answers to this question

Accounts do not get deleted even if you don't login for a long time. So, unless you accidentally deleted it, or it was hacked, you should be able to get it back. Open a support case. 

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Password-and-account-information/ta-p/700017

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Password-and-account-information/ta-p/700017#Section_.5

Re-activating a canceled account

If you have cancelled your account, you may be able to restore it, depending on how long ago it was cancelled. There is a US$9.95 reactivation fee for restoring an account.

32px-KBwarning.png Warning: Even if your account is restored, the associated inventory, land, and Linden dollar balance may be unrecoverable.

To start the process:

1. Open a support case.
  2. Under What type of problem are you having? choose Account Issue.
  3. Choose Reactivate an old account.
  4. Enter the required information
  5. Click Submit.
  • Like 1

Kudos for including the actual, verbatim error message! It makes it much easier on those of us trying to help.

The avatar should not be inactive, unless you cancelled the account. LL doesn't deactivate unused avatars. Accounts can go unused for years and you can still go back and pick up right where you left off, if you remember your username and password correctly.

Make sure you're correctly typing BOTH the username and password. Make sure that you capslocks key is disabled, as the password is case sensitive. Make sure you're typing all the caps, if there are any, as caps and not lowercase letters.

If you're sure your password and username are correct, you can reset your password. It will be sent to the email you used to register your account, and you may have to answer whatever security questions you set up.

If you can't remember or access the email you registered with, and/or cannot remember the answer to your security question, submit a support ticket. LL will ask you to verify that you are the owner of the account by asking for RL proof of identity, so hopefully you entered truthful information when you signed up.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4061 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.