About My Account Please Help

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4068 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

It is against the ToS to give your password to ANYBODY. You are responsible for your password security. That being said, here's what to do now. I wish you the best of luck. :smileyhappy:

What to do if your account is compromised

Your account may have been compromised if:

• You can't access your account.
  • You suddenly notice a reduced available balance on the payment source you have on file.

If this happens, contact us immediately!

Here's what to do:

1. Go to the Second LIfe Help page and log in if you can. If you can't access your account, use the Forgot your login information? link on the right to recover your username and reset your password. Then log in.
  2. On the Second LIfe Help page page, click the Contact Support link on the right.
  3. On the next page, click Submit a a Support Case form.
  4. Under What type of problem are you having?, select Account Issue. A second dropdown appears.
  5. Under Account Issue, select I believe my account has been compromised.
  6. Fill in the rest of the fields as directed.
  7. Click Submit.
  8. Check your email for your case number.
  9. Call our fraud number: 800-860-6990.

Once you do this, Linden Lab will place your account on hold and investigate the relevant transactions. This may take a few days. Once we have concluded the investigation, we'll send you an email explaining our conclusion and the action we will take. Note that all transactions involving Linden dollars are subject to Linden Lab's Terms of Service.

Are you able to prove that it's your account?

Somebody with much more knowledge than I have will no doubt post here but, as far as I know, sharing accounts is a no-no - against the rules, and it may be that, if you own up to sharing the account (giving someone your login details), LL may do nothing get it back for you because you broke their rules, even if you can show that it was your account.

We should summarise. So we know you started out asking advice on how to snoop on your partner. Then you were asking advice on how to understand the transaction history (presumably your partners) and now you want advice on how to reclaim your account after your partner presumably caught you and pwned your arse. 

I really feel like we are missing all the best bits here. Tell us what happened between wanting to spy on your partner and loosing your account and we may be able offer more help :matte-motes-big-grin:

I am goin' out on a limb here with my thoughts. I think the original post we saw from this name was indeed made by the account owner's partner, my best guess its her boyfriend. The pronouns used in the first prob. post are telling. It would fit that this person would want to see chat logs but was unable to, even if logged into the account he was spying on. Now, I think the actual account owner is the person writing this post. That would be a woman, Im guessing, since the word he was used in a reply. So  without thinking, she gave her partner access to her account, a super bad and insanely dumb idea, and he did exactly what you'd expect an immature person with jealousy issues to do. He logged on her account, but couldn't see nearly as much as he wanted to. So he posted here to ask how. Why? I have no clue, that was a pretty stupid question, lol. Now it seems she is back on her account, but her partner, while spying on her, changed her information.

If this is even remotely accurate, OP, call linden lab like, immediately. But I do wonder how you were able to log into the forums without your password, if he did change it. Even if it's not, if someone has gotten into your account, even with your permission, and changed things I would still call.

Then again it might be the pain meds talking and you might want to ignore my wild imagination, lmao.

MonicaMon wrote:

hello friends. my partner changed my contact information (mail address etc..) and changed my password. Is it possible to take back my account please?

so MonicaMon is not the account you talking about now or were talking about before in other post? this MonicaMon on forum you using now is an account you made to talk about your other account that you now locked out of?

Since when Pamela?

3.2 You agree to use an Account Name in Second Life that is not misleading, offensive or infringing. You are responsible for activities related to your Account Name, and for keeping your password for this Account secure.

(...)

At the time your Account is opened, you must select a password. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password and are responsible for any harm resulting from your disclosure, or authorization of the disclosure of your password or from any person's use of your password to gain access to your Account or Account Name. At no time should you respond to an online request for a password other than in connection with the log-on process to the Service. Your disclosure of your password to any other person is at your own risk.

http://secondlife.com/corporate/tos.php#tos3

It does, but i guess arguing with ignorance is pointless

" any person's use of your password to gain access to your Account or Account Name"

Any defines anyone else but your self, fyi, and if caught, you were to stupid to share your password to begin with so it`s your fault (the harm part for being locked out for sharing password)

I'll make the sentence more easy to understand:

"You [...] are responsible for any harm resulting from [...] any person's use of your password to gain access to your Account or Account Name."

So where does it say it's forbidden?

ETA: It even says in the last sentence of that paragraph: "Your disclosure of your password to any other person is at your own risk." This sentence alone eliminates the interpretation that you are not allowed to share your password already. Such a phrase would be a contradiction to a disallowal because it covers the act of sharing your password, thus rendering the whole paragraph unclear.

My bad, Ansariel you are correct. From an older page of the wiki:

Sharing an account

Your password and its confidentiality are what protects your whole account, as well as your inworld content and all of the personal and billing information in the Your accountsection of the website.

You may give another person access to your account, but you do so at your own risk; that is, if you share your account with someone else, you are responsible for what they do while using your account.

/me discretly withdraws from this thread and goes sit in a corner.... :P

Phil Deakins wrote:

You are right. The quoted parts do not prohibit the disclosure of an account password to other people. It does make the account holder responsible for anything that might result due to the disclosure, but it's not prohibited according to the quoted parts..

Yes Phil.  But you would be a fool....(To strong of words)  reckless...(better) to give out your login info to ANYONE!!!!!

Peace!

valerie Inshan wrote:

My bad, Ansariel you are correct. From an older page of the wiki:

Sharing an account

Your password and its confidentiality are what protects your whole account, as well as your inworld content and all of the personal and billing information in the 
Your account
section of the website.

You may give another person access to your account,
but you do so at your own risk; that is, if you share your account with someone else, you are responsible for what they do while using your account.

/me discretly withdraws from this thread and goes sit in a corner....
:P

Hippie gives Val a glass of wine!  Hugs!  HEHEH!

Peace!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4068 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.