A friend of mine cant get out of away status when online even after clicking "not away" help!

Cassandrea Huntress

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4067 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

4 answers to this question

Relogging should clear it.  Frankly, there's little reason to ever use that status.  If you are planning to be away, you should probably go someplace private -- if you don't have a home, fly up to the roof of some obscure building -- instead of clogging up a public place by standing there with an AWAY sign over your head.

I noticed this happening to me a while ago with one or two of Niran's viewer versions when, after deleting settings and installing, I had forgotten to reset the Away Timeout in Preferences from 5 minutes to 30 minutes (or Never as I sometimes do). When I came back I found it difficult to get off the Away status and my avatar would be shaking. His viewers are usually some way ahead of the publically released LL viewer so this may be a bug and now appearing in it. I rarely if ever had to relog as eventually the Away would go if I moved around enough or sat on something for example.

I never willingly set Away status. If in company or chatting via IM, I just say afk and come back when I'm ready. If the Away Timeout is set right and Away never manually selected, your friend should never go into Away status.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4067 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.