how do I clear unwanted goto website objects all at once?

Harley Waverider

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4063 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I went to a sandbox and was pummeled with thousands of objects sent to me asking if I was a **bleep**got and trying to send me to some website. I managed to locate and report the offending object, but now I have a massive amount of little boxes left that pop up a blue box asking me if I'm a **bleep**got and trying to send me to the website. I can't possibly click each one and pick "close". How can I get rid of them all ar once?

4 answers to this question

Edit: The "clear unwanted goto website objects" and the "i was pummeled with thousands of objects" kinda through me off path here understanding you want to delete objects. In the case it were dialogboxes you meant i am pointing towards the answers of the others : )

If you have Adminrights or return rights on this land just select one of these objects to find the creators name (if you didn't do that already)

Choose World >  Place Profile > About Land.  Alternatively, right-click on the ground and choose About Land.
Switch to the Objects Tab, and have it show you 'Objects of Others'.  
(you maybe need to click that little refresh icon above the list - sometimes it won't show the whole list)

Choose the name of this user and return all his /her objects.

If you are not the land or parcelowner speak to the owner / or any other responsible person to have those items returned.

To send an abuse report about the offending objects was already a good step.

Since you received them all in a very shoirt period of time, this should be easy.  Open your inventory and click the Recent tab.  If necessary, click the tiny gear icon in the lower left corner and select Show Filters to reset the days/hours so that they cover the period iof time when you received the items.  You should be able to see them all listed. So, click the topmost one in the list, hold down your Shift key, and then click the bottom one in the list.  That should select them all.  If it selected a few other things as well, hold down your CTRL key while you click on those to deselect them.  When you are ready, hit the Delete key.  They should all poof together.

• Like 1

If I correctly understand you, you're got a load of dialog boxes -- generated by llLoadURL,  it sounds like -- stacked up.  I would have thought a relog should fix it, otherwise maybe right-clicking the notifications icon and choosing "close all" (though your reference blue boxes suggests you're maybe using Phoenix or similar, so maybe that isn't an option).

This is a form of griefing attack.  The large number of blue drop down menu boxes will, if not stopped, eventually freeze your viewer.

You can fix it by getting away (easiest way is to teleport to another region).  Then manually close all the boxes.

But it may be quicker just to re-log.  The boxes will be gone when you log in again.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4063 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.