Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Lacy217 McLuhan

RAPE PARTIES

Recommended Posts

 


Lacy217 McLuhan wrote:

Dolcett?? Dolcett?    are you kidding.... and you guys are trying to convince me you are not mentally ill?

Wow... am I glad i don't know you in real life and be grateful  you don't know me either !

Enough.... Discussion closed.........

But thanks for all the insights and comments !

Discussion closed? Hardly my dear, you have called a whole bunch of really decent people mentally ill and disgusting. I don't give a bleep about the rest but BDSM and gor are valid pursuits in SL, populated by normal people, the very few who are disturbed are shunned.

I keep having to repeat this

GENERALIZATIONS NEVER HELP!

But I am probably wasting my time here, good luck with your missionary once a month.

I find people who complain in total ignorance disgusting and those who lump BDSM with cannibalism are mentally ill

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am not out to stifle anyone's expression, but you are because it seems you don't like that I have an
opinion different from yours.  The First Amendment protects my right to free speech as well as yours.

No, I certainly do not want to stifle your freedom of expression. I simply think that if what others do in SL is so offensive to you, disable adult content and you won't see such advertisements and events listed. But if you enable adult content, it seems silly to complain when you see it.

Personally, I think your classification of anyone who does not object to role play scenarios that violate no RL laws or TOS as mentally ill is very narrow minded and quite obnoxious. As I stated, I find a good many things in SL gross or offensive (rape, humiliation, cannibalism, scat, submissives who refer to themselves in the third person and quite a few more activities) but I don't go around telling people they need to see psychiatrists or imply that they're dangerously antisocial in RL.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hmm, on the whole cannibalism issue, I'm curious as to how people feel about transubstantiation.   

The "body of Christ, and the blood of Christ" thing.  I've talked to Catholics who tell me that they truly believe that when partaking of communion, they are eating the body of Christ, and drinking the blood of Christ.   Now, I'm not Christian, so it always gave me the chills to know that people meet each week to role-play cannibalism of their living god.  

Which is one the moral ironies that Robert A. Heinlein portrayed in his famous book, "Stranger in a Strange Land". 

So, I guess I don't Grok communion.   

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Lacy217 McLuhan wrote:

 

 

6. Just for the sake of argument
:  If you say that this is a virtual world of pixel people and not

"real" and therefore anything should be allowed then  why is it against TOS to "role play" pedophilia

here?  It is just pixels , non-real people here who are over  18  and who consent or choose to be a

child.  So if the people are adults and consenting why is it illegal ??

Not sure I understand  the difference.   Aren't rape and murder illegal in real life also ??

 

 

 

Rant for Day 2  :-)   Love a good discussion

US federal law states you can not transmit virtual or digital depictions of minors engaged in sexual activity. This is so they can arrest people who have kiddie porn on their computers. if there is no hard copy and its all digital they can claim it isn't "real".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Lacy217 McLuhan wrote:

Dolcett?? Dolcett?    are you kidding.... and you guys are trying to convince me you are not mentally ill?

Wow... am I glad i don't know you in real life and be grateful  you don't know me either !

Enough.... Discussion closed.........

But thanks for all the insights and comments !

So, because i googled dolcett and was really repulsed by it, that makes me mentally ill?

Beleive me, i don't want to know a closed minded indvidual like yourself either.

OMG!! she closed the discussion?!?!? how can i possibly reply? what will we do? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Lacy217 McLuhan wrote:

 

 

2 There are many things in Second Life that I find repulsive and disgusting AND I don't participate

condone, or have anything to do with them .  I just ingore them AND the scum who participate.

 
But when people start advertizing on  the Main Event Page in Second Life for a  12 hour long party it is no longer "Private" between two consenting adults.

That was the only reason I noticed this .  It was blatently stuck in front of me. I did not go looking for
it.

 

 

 

then maybe you should make that more clear than you did in your first rant..

you made it sound like it was being advertized from within an adult sim..

you made no mention of the main events page or any of this other junk..

just an event posted and yes i know it's an adult sim..

 

then went on with how you feel about people that have certain virtual fetishes..

you are in second life..do you know how many people that never been in it but have heard rumors about it would judge you and pretty much say..you need to see a shrink because you spend your time in a sex online virtual world.. perve?

a lot..

seriously..judge all you want..you are just on another rung in that ladder of being judged as well..

nobody is innocent because someone is always a little more holy than the next person..and doing the judging..

 

maybe ran't a little more responsebly next time and you may get more that will take you seriously..

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The whole bible is full of blood, murder and violence. Milions of peope dying  and in fact everything you do is a sin! :catvery-happy:

On the closer look the church often acts against what their religion preaches....so all in all its mainly about "pick the parts you like".  And this leads us to topics like this, where a simple picture and a tiny text creates a huge rant but a religion in the real world doesn't. :catwink:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What woman hasn't fantasized about a strong man over powering her and taking what's his. Its all how you word it. 

Exampe..

As Sephina stares at this muscle bound creature her heart begins to quicken. Her eyes follow the contours of his body and soon she realizes she can hardly breath. Her pulse racesas the rugged man walks up to her and when he places his lips upon hers forcefully she all but explodes.

"No you can't", She protests but her strength is no match for the hunk that stands before her. Timid she is powerless to stop is advances and yet she is unsure if she wants to.....

See technically she told him no.. But is that horrible.. NO..

 In sl nothing happens not even rape if you don't allow it. So the people are don't like it or are traumatized by it don't have to. And there are some people who have gone through it and still part take of it because they have learned to let go.

Don't judge lest ye be judged. PS sorry for the one the spot writing.. Not my best.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Ceka Cianci wrote:


Lacy217 McLuhan wrote:

 

 

2 There are many things in Second Life that I find repulsive and disgusting AND I don't participate

condone, or have anything to do with them .  I just ingore them AND the scum who participate.

 
But when people start advertizing on  the Main Event Page in Second Life for a  12 hour long party it is no longer "Private" between two consenting adults.

That was the only reason I noticed this .  It was blatently stuck in front of me. I did not go looking for
it.

 

 

 

then maybe you should make that more clear than you did in your first rant..

you made it sound like it was being advertized from within an adult sim..

you made no mention of the main events page or any of this other junk..

just an event posted and yes i know it's an adult sim..

 

then went on with how you feel about people that have certain virtual fetishes..

 

maybe ran't a little more responsebly next time and you may get more that will take you seriously..

 

yes. we had a discussion about Adult stuff showing up on the Destinations inworld and on Events page on website on this forums before

on that discussion I actual agree with that OP who said that it shouldnt work the way it was. like the SL website should be G if not logged in. and if logged in then should fit our own maturity rating we set ourselves for our self

same the inworld Destinations guide. if set for G or G+M then should only see/get those on the Destinations board and not any A. and no M+A if set for G. same like how Search works

+

but yeah!

this OP Lacy then go into a big rant about personal morals. which ok bc we all have a rant sometimes and even rage. but if  cast aspersions on others then gunna get them back at you

then Lacy came back and say want to have a debate about morals. like other peoples. just for argument sake. so ok. lets have it on them terms then. and I am disagree with Lacy on that one argument I respond to bc the basis of it is not factual

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Sephina Frostbite wrote:

Didnt mean that post to you, was to the OP.. Sorry hun

tish tish, i think i know why you posted that to me... :matte-motes-big-grin-wink: If you know what i mean.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Lacy217 McLuhan wrote:

Well  since i started this thread I would like to repond to some comments

 

1
."So say people who want to stifle free expression (that violates no RL laws because this is a cartoon world) get their way

"

I am not out to stifle anyone's expression, but you are because it seems you don't like that I have an

opinion different from yours.  The First Amendment protects my right to free speech as well as yours.

HAHA yeah.....

 

2 There are many things in Second Life that I find repulsive and disgusting AND I don't participate

condone, or have anything to do with them . 
I just ingore them AND the scum who participate.

 But when people start advertizing on  the Main Event Page in Second Life for a  12 hour long party it is no longer "Private" between two consenting adults.

That was the only reason I noticed this .  It was blatently stuck in front of me. I did not go looking for it.

Scum? you shouldn't be in SL if you judge people like that. And BTW maybe if you change to "General Content Only" it won't be in your face, lol

 

3.Second Life does reflect or imitate real life, beacause in real life I am also now expected to

approve of every disgusting thing everyone does.  I am no longer allowed to criticize or have opinions.

That is not  "free speech "  either.  Only people who want to justify their disgusting life style and behaviors

are allowed "free speech"  it seems.

Sorry, but pixels on screen may reperesent you in many ways in SL but unfortunatley your pixels can't be violated, bitten, bloodied..yeah it's called fantasy. NO it's not just people that want to express a "certain Fantasy or RP (I refuse to quote your extreme put down of other residents because you don't have a damn clue who we are) It's your delivery that gets you jumped on. Give an opinion without talking down to people and maybe you would get a better response to your opinons.

 

4.  Zebras, men, women etc don't change their " stripes, believes, ethics or morals" just because they turn off the computer.

If you find rape, child abuse, slavery, etc etc  ok to participate in online.. you don't turn

into a teddy bear  when you turn off the computer.  If you have a belief that it is ok  to

rape, bite, chain, abuse, kill   or whatever.....then you will have that same belief in your

real life.  In case you don't know about this let me refresh your knowledge.  Rape, Spousal abuse,

violence, murders, child abuse and such behaviors are on the rise  in real life.

Could it be also that due to video games and bad parenting, that young people think the way

to solve problems is to pick up guns and go shoot the people who offend them  or better yet

just innocents who have nothing to do with their situation.  I guess they learn these things

from the" Tooth  Fairy"  or "Santa claus".

Are you kidding me? This whole paragraph is complete crap and doesn't deserve a response. Check your words, these are insults you are slinging. Funny you know all of us that RP something you don't likey, when we turn off our computers we stay in pixel form to continue the RP??

 

 

5.  VANILLA AND PROUD OF IT !!!

Good for YOU!!! I won't even comment on why you may be that way
:)

 

 

6. Just for the sake of argument
:  If you say that this is a virtual world of pixel people and not

"real" and therefore anything should be allowed then  why is it against TOS to "role play" pedophilia

here?  It is just pixels , non-real people here who are over  18  and who consent or choose to be a

child.  So if the people are adults and consenting why is it illegal ??

Not sure I understand  the difference.   Aren't rape and murder illegal in real life also ??

You are probably NOT going to believe this, SL is not RL.
If you don't understand the difference maybe you shouldn't be here in SL try something else "G" rated that has other users with your beliefs that you don't have to insult to the extreme. Did the rape party say anything about minors? Read up on the law and then you can compare ageplay and why it is and should not be in SL to your Original complaint about RP and the rape party.

eta: I forgot, post is too long

 

 

 

Rant for Day 2  :-)   Love a good discussion

I doubt it. I think you like to shove your opinions on others then insult them. People like you are so laughable when it comes to SL.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No one needs to convince you of anything nor does anyone owe you an explaination. You call people mentally ill here...you really have issues, there is no doubt. 4th post...hmmmm and the age of the av?? Seems like a personal issue on top of it all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Ceka Cianci wrote:


Suspiria Finucane wrote:


16 wrote:

every time we have these debates it come down to what linden allow us/residents to do. linden allow whatever is legal in USA. this the correct position for a USA provider to take. regardless of our own personal beliefs or moral stance

if we do not like some things or do not believe they should be permitted then we take political action in RL to bring about change. this the correct position also

is some things that happen in SL and generally online which I find morally bankrupt and have distaste for. and which I will not do personal. but I will not interfere with what others do lawfully. I respect the institution of law and the democratic process. and I expect this same from others

 if is lawful then I will not do what I dislike nor do I have to agree with it or think is ok. but I will not argue against lawful behaviors on moral grounds either. I will tho campaign RL to effect change on safety grounds. bc that works

 

I concur. While I abhor the desensitization of rape as an (*coughs) enjoyable experience, I agree with to each their own in accordance with the law.
That said, it's clear who views rape as a triviality.

 

Would that be those that compare something as horrible as real life rape.. to an online virtual fetish?

My point was simple though possibly overlooked. Rape is forced; these people are consenting to have pixual (yes, I made up the word for pixel/sexual) relations. Therefore, it isn’t rape is it? So why call it a rape party?

 

Is it some kind of turn on to lie or is it possible someone is actually trying to make rape commonplace and deemed harmless? Ie: desensitization

 

The trivialization occurs when people accept the term of rape as a consensual occurrence. Socially acceptable rape….. is that what some people are defending?

 

Question…if rape means nothing in SL and it is only pixels, why isn’t it allowed to happen to anyone?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"but unfortunatley your pixels can't be violated"

 

I'm guessing you mean 'fortunately'.

Hope so. :womanhappy:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How silly.

 

Yes people are consenting to have their avatars being raped in SL,

and some even roleplay it in a very consentual way (which I have trouble

understanding why they call it rape, my characters will never enjoy or anticipate

rape), but people are still roleplaying rape fantasies, so yes there can be rape parties.

Like said before roleplay is like acting,

so let's look at a thriller.

In a thriller people act out a scenario in which someone gets murdered.

Now in the movie they play that this some really gets murdered,

and the movie will be advertised as a movie about murder.

But it is still fake, acting.

And the same goes for roleplay.

 

So basicaly in SL with rape fantasy it is the consentual participation

in roleplaying a non-consentual act.

 

I can assure you that I will never accept rape as something consensual,

but I will always accept roleplay as being so.

 

To answer the final question, because those people "everyone" they didn't choose

to participate in the RP, so bugging their avatars with sex animations and forced sex

scenarios would count as grieving.

It wouldn't be much different from someone spamming thousands of red balls in a zone.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Suspiria Finucane wrote:


Ceka Cianci wrote:


Suspiria Finucane wrote:


16 wrote:

every time we have these debates it come down to what linden allow us/residents to do. linden allow whatever is legal in USA. this the correct position for a USA provider to take. regardless of our own personal beliefs or moral stance

if we do not like some things or do not believe they should be permitted then we take political action in RL to bring about change. this the correct position also

is some things that happen in SL and generally online which I find morally bankrupt and have distaste for. and which I will not do personal. but I will not interfere with what others do lawfully. I respect the institution of law and the democratic process. and I expect this same from others

 if is lawful then I will not do what I dislike nor do I have to agree with it or think is ok. but I will not argue against lawful behaviors on moral grounds either. I will tho campaign RL to effect change on safety grounds. bc that works

 

I concur. While I abhor the desensitization of rape as an (*coughs) enjoyable experience, I agree with to each their own in accordance with the law.
That said, it's clear who views rape as a triviality.

 

Would that be those that compare something as horrible as real life rape.. to an online virtual fetish?

My point was simple though possibly overlooked. Rape is forced; these people are consenting to have pixual (yes, I made up the word for pixel/sexual) relations. Therefore, it isn’t rape is it? So why call it a rape party?

 

Is it some kind of turn on to lie or is it possible someone is actually trying to make rape commonplace and deemed harmless? Ie: desensitization

 

The trivialization occurs when people accept the term of rape as a consensual occurrence. Socially acceptable rape….. is that what some people are defending?

 

Question…if rape means nothing in SL and it is only pixels, why isn’t it allowed to happen to anyone?

 

one of the difficulties in these debates is trying to not let our feelings influence us emotively

words like de-sensitisation and trivialisation are emotive. and is wrong to extrapolate them in the way you have. to make a posturing argument. like assign attributes to an argument for which there is no supporting evidence 

the evidence actual shows that your postured argument is total wrong

+

the latest official stats been released by the USA DoJ. like only yesterday 7 March 2013

the report is here: http://bjs.ojp.usdoj.gov/index.cfm?ty=pbdetail&iid=4594

the key info is:

"From 1995 to 2010, the estimated annual rate of female rape or sexual assault victimizations declined 58%, from 5.0 victimizations per 1,000 females age 12 or older to 2.1 per 1,000."

+

2.1 is still 2.1 to many. but is going in the right direction. downwards

is lots of reasons for this. but the main ones are:

 

- education is dealing to the false notion that women ask for it

- education is also helping victims to know that is not their fault

- police are dealing with complaints better than they used to

- bc police are then women are coming forward in greater numbers

 

+

in USA the population is not de-sensitized to rape and sexual assault. the evidence is that they are highly sensitive to it. and they doing something about it. and the evidence further show that what they doing about it is actual working

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Suspiria Finucane wrote:

That said, it's clear who views rape as a triviality.


I let this one go earlier, as I didn't think it merited a response because it's just sooooo (insert appropriate adverb here) ridiculous. Your followup is more of the same, though, so...

I don't believe that anyone posting here views actual RL rape as a "triviality." You may wish to ascribe that sort of attitude to people that you disagree with, but... nuh uh. Fail.


Rape is forced; these people are consenting to have pixual (yes, I made up the word for pixel/sexual) relations. Therefore, it isn’t rape is it? So why call it a rape party?


I don't really do the roleplay thing, but... You roleplay some sort of "domme" in SL, don't you? Or a "queen"? I doubt you're either in RL, so why call yourself either?


Is it some kind of turn on to lie...


See above.


... or is it possible someone is actually trying to make rape commonplace and deemed harmless? Ie: desensitization


You do realize that there are countless films and no small number of video games where violence and gore are the main themes? Some even feature... *gasp*... rape. Is that what all those writers, directors, etc., etc., etc., are doing? Trying to desensitize people to such horrors?


The trivialization occurs when people accept the term of rape as a consensual occurrence. Socially acceptable rape….. is that what some people are defending?


See above.


Question…if rape means nothing in SL and it is only pixels, why isn’t it allowed to happen to anyone?


Not everyone is into roleplay. In other words, they didn't sign up for it. One might as well ask why supposed "dommes" aren't allowed to collar whomever they wish.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Allowed? Sure...you can try to rape someone. Would be pretty cute to watch how you beg someone to please sit on that other poseball... If I don't want to dance, I don't dance and if I don't want to join rape RP, I don't join. End of the story.

The rest of your text...oh well....just no.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...