• Announcements

    • Xiola Linden

      The New Community Platform   03/21/2017

      We are still working on making adjustments and changes to the new platform. Thanks  to everyone who has been sending in feedback and filing any bugs you've encountered! 
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Lacy217 McLuhan

RAPE PARTIES

84 posts in this topic

I have been a member of Second Life for close to 8 years and I really feel a need to

let off some steam.  I saw an event posted yesterday for a "Rape Party"  .  Yes

it was on an Adult Sim and I realize we all make our own choices.  However,

I was really offened by the need to have "Rape Forced Sex Parties"  and

advertize that it was for those of us "who really like to have fun".

I  think that people who need  this type of "fun" should find a

Second Life Psychiatrist  and work thru their rape fantasies instead of

promoting it to others . 


What is next?  Pedophile parties for Toddlers?  


Do you really expect us to be ok with these types of behaviors?

 

Anyway,   thanks for letting me rant !



Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Really? Do you really need to reheat this dumb topic again? We had that already and it always ends the same...

You realize that you basically judge on roleplay, do you? Nobody can get raped in a virtual world where all thing happen are wanted from both sides. So...by definition this is not even rape. Its more a fantasy containing some rough pixelsex.

If you don't like it turn your head around and don't look at it. End of the story.

Its within the TOS and thats all whats counting. Ageplay is forbidden by the TOS...so no, this is not going to happen + having rape-fantasies is not limited to a gender (just in case we get those sexsim sillyness into this discussion).

And damn it nobody is expecting you to like it, just move on and don't waste your time with it....hell, I don't like a lot of things I see, but do I open a thread about it? No.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Lacy217 McLuhan wrote:

... work thru their rape fantasies...

Maybe that's exactly what they're doing???

And who says they need to "work thru" (sic) them, anyway?


What is next?  Pedophile parties for Toddlers?


Apples and oranges, but points to you for bringing in the straw man.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Syo Emerald wrote:

Really? Do you really need to reheat this dumb topic again? We had that already and it always ends the same...

You realize that you basically judge on roleplay, do you? Nobody can get raped in a virtual world where all thing happen are wanted from both sides. So...by definition this is not even rape. Its more a fantasy containing some rough pixelsex.

If you don't like it turn your head around and don't look at it. End of the story.

Its within the TOS and thats all whats counting. Ageplay is forbidden by the TOS...so no, this is not going to happen + having rape-fantasies is not limited to a gender (just in case we get those sexsim sillyness into this discussion).

And damn it nobody is expecting you to like it, just move on and don't waste your time with it....hell, I don't like a lot of things I see, but do I open a thread about it? No.

BRAVO!! Well said...for the umpteenth time...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rape_fantasy

I realise wikipedia isn't the font of all knowledge, but it's safer than typing 'rape fantasy' into Google.

Rape fantasies, as the victim or perpetrator, are incredibly common and not an indicator of a dangerous, sick or damaged personality.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Agreed.

 

--------

Not to mention that some of these sick people forget that rape is a real thing where people get beat up brutally or just get killed after a period of suffering. Seems really morbid for people to be into rape to me. I mean there are times when I wish people would keep their sickness out of SL, but who am I to do so ? Seems like it could also encourage alot of people to try this out of sl aswell. I don't know, I just don't like the idea of it. But at the end of the day this is roleplay and this is secondlife.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Lacy217 McLuhan wrote:

I have been a member of Second Life for close to 8 years and I really feel a need to

let off some steam.  I saw an event posted yesterday for a "Rape Party"  .  Yes

it was on an Adult Sim and I realize we all make our own choices
.  However,

I was really offened by the need to have "Rape Forced Sex Parties"  and

advertize that it was for those of us "who really like to have fun".

I  think that people who need  this type of "fun" should find a

Second Life Psychiatrist  and work thru their rape fantasies instead of

promoting it to others . 

 

What is next?  Pedophile parties for Toddlers?  

 

Do you really expect us to be ok with these types of behaviors?

 

Anyway,   thanks for letting me rant !

 

 

 

Your line bolded summarizes the topic.   Next.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Miserlie wrote:

Not to mention that some of these sick people forget that rape is a real thing...

I think only the sickest of the sick (meaning: true psychopaths) would "forget" such a thing. But I guess you've already made your diagnosis.


I mean there are times when I wish people would keep their sickness out of SL, ...

There ya go again.


Seems like it could also encourage alot of people to try this out of sl aswell.

If someone wants to act out a sexual fantasy in real life... with a consenting partner... who are you to say that they can't or shouldn't???


But at the end of the day this is roleplay and this is secondlife.

Now you're gettin' it...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Miserlie wrote:

Not to mention that some of these sick people forget that rape is a real thing where people get beat up brutally or just get killed after a period of suffering. Seems really morbid for people to be into rape to me. I mean there are times when I wish people would keep their sickness out of SL, but who am I to do so ? Seems like it could also encourage alot of people to try this out of sl aswell. I don't know, I just don't like the idea of it. But at the end of the day this is roleplay and this is secondlife.

I can't argue with your opinion....but as you said, remember it is SL. Better that people decide to act on these things here than in RL with an true unwilling victim with more dire consquences. No one argues (in these many posts) that rape is a horrible thing and rapists should have their balls cut off and then they should be thrown in pools with live piranahs...but most of the time, in SL, the "victim" is not unwilling and both parties are ok with it.

Just my opinion....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


 

Do you really expect us to be ok with these types of behaviors?

 

No. Those who do not like these behaviours are expected to find their enjoyment elsewhere. I don't like slavery, I don't visit Gorean sims. I enjoy SL somewhere else, and like this everyone's happy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Venus Petrov wrote:


Lacy217 McLuhan wrote:

However

 

Your line bolded summarizes the topic.   Next.

 

is the word However that do it every time

can know that after this word then things not going to turn out well (:

like:

I accept is your land. However

I agree with everything you said. However

I want to thank you for everything you done. However

I realize that you are more pretty than me. However

I should not respond to this post. However

q; (:

+

@Lacy - is ok that you have a rant. we all do that sometimes about things that bug us. so don't worry about it. or worry about whatever comes after your However (:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Frankly I abhor the idea that rape should be represented as a "happy sexy" thing to do.  Sure there are people who want to RP it.  So it's politically correct to keep my mouth shut in sl, but I've got a right to my opinion too, just as the OP does.  I don't think everyone should pig pile on the OP for having an opinion.  Or are we all leaning so far to the politically correct side now that we have to applaud every out-there idea for RP someone's twisted mind comes up with.  Oh!  "Roasting kids on a spit?"  Why yes!  Let's have RP about that!  Let's all applaud it as perfectly ok.  "Cannabalism?  Eating our own young?"  Sure!  Why not?!  Let's applaud for that too!  It's their right to get off on it, isn't it?  Hannibal Lectar could have a hay day in sl.

We already accept the glorification of slavery in sl.  The gorean sims prove that as well as all the BDSM sims.  Dragging someone around on a chain like a dead pig is perfectly fine and dandy.  You've got to realize that somewhere people have mentally crossed the line here, because it's only pixels and anyway, we must be politically correct at all costs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love this, its bash gor time again! Drey, the OP said nothing about Gor, quite a few ROLE PLAYERS in Gor don't do pixel sex, it is after all ROLEPLAY. Other ROLEPLAY genres involve charming practices such as mass murder.

As for your comments about being leashed methinks thou protesteth too much milady, perhaps you would like to give it a try? I am sure quite a few Goreans would enjoy collaring another Free Woman, but keep in mind it is ROLE PLAY.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Drey Blackheart wrote:

We already accept the glorification of slavery in sl.  The gorean sims prove that as well as all the BDSM sims.

Are you seriously comparing consensual roleplay (pixel or not) to actual forced slavery?

Get a grip.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Drey Blackheart wrote:

Frankly I abhor the idea that rape should be represented as a "happy sexy" thing to do.  Sure there are people who want to RP it.  So it's politically correct to keep my mouth shut in sl, but I've got a right to my opinion too, just as the OP does.  I don't think everyone should pig pile on the OP for having an opinion.  Or are we all leaning so far to the politically correct side now that we have to applaud every out-there idea for RP someone's twisted mind comes up with.  Oh!  "Roasting kids on a spit?"  Why yes!  Let's have RP about that!  Let's all applaud it as perfectly ok.  "Cannabalism?  Eating our own young?"  Sure!  Why not?!  Let's applaud for that too!  It's their right to get off on it, isn't it?  Hannibal Lectar could have a hay day in sl.

We already accept the glorification of slavery in sl.  The gorean sims prove that as well as all the BDSM sims.  Dragging someone around on a chain like a dead pig is perfectly fine and dandy.  You've got to realize that somewhere people have mentally crossed the line here, because it's only pixels and anyway, we must be politically correct at all costs.

every time we have these debates it come down to what linden allow us/residents to do. linden allow whatever is legal in USA. this the correct position for a USA provider to take. regardless of our own personal beliefs or moral stance

if we do not like some things or do not believe they should be permitted then we take political action in RL to bring about change. this the correct position also

is some things that happen in SL and generally online which I find morally bankrupt and have distaste for. and which I will not do personal. but I will not interfere with what others do lawfully. I respect the institution of law and the democratic process. and I expect this same from others

 if is lawful then I will not do what I dislike nor do I have to agree with it or think is ok. but I will not argue against lawful behaviors on moral grounds either. I will tho campaign RL to effect change on safety grounds. bc that works

moral arguments all by themselves are not a sound basis for law. can ask the mullahs about where that end up   

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Lacy217 McLuhan wrote:

 

Do you really expect us to be ok with these types of behaviors?
No. You are expected to be aware of sexual diversity in any form in Second Life like all other adults should have to in the real world. Some
will
question your sense of legality in the real world in their virtual form. Consentious sexual ageplay amongst adults representing virtual adults is legally allowed in Second Life in spite of your personal sexual preferences.

"Rape Forced Sex Parties" are allowed. "Pedophile parties for Toddlers" are not. You are expected to report the latter to LL if noted of such an event asap.

 Anyway,   thanks for letting me rant ! 
You're welcome.

 

 

Remember : Low -- lower -- lowest -- only human.  :robotindifferent:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


16 wrote:

every time we have these debates it come down to what linden allow us/residents to do. linden allow whatever is legal in USA. this the correct position for a USA provider to take. regardless of our own personal beliefs or moral stance

if we do not like some things or do not believe they should be permitted then we take political action in RL to bring about change. this the correct position also

is some things that happen in SL and generally online which I find morally bankrupt and have distaste for. and which I will not do personal. but I will not interfere with what others do lawfully. I respect the institution of law and the democratic process. and I expect this same from others

 if is lawful then I will not do what I dislike nor do I have to agree with it or think is ok. but I will not argue against lawful behaviors on moral grounds either. I will tho campaign RL to effect change on safety grounds. bc that works

 

I concur. While I abhor the desensitization of rape as an (*coughs) enjoyable experience, I agree with to each their own in accordance with the law. That said, it's clear who views rape as a triviality.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

is a really difficult question this. depiction of rape and violence. it affect all kinds of media. games books film video. etc free speech and all that

in western countries based on English common law then the presumption is that everything is legal until the law says otherwise

more and more the approach of lawmaking these days as opposed to say only 20 or 30 years ago is that to make a law against something then have to show that a realworld harm will occur if is to be made unlawful. not might/maybe/somehow occur. will occur on balance of probability based on evidence

is some debate about whether this is actual a good practice. but I think that it is. better than the old way where our elected representatives made laws for us depending on how they personal felt about things 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fantasy, in an adult sim, where everyone that will attend, do so because they want their fantasy role play, same as if you read about a Vampire bloodsucking sexual party, fantasy, that is all it is

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Syo Emerald wrote:

You realize that you basically judge on roleplay, do you? Nobody can get raped in a virtual world where all thing happen are wanted from both sides. So...by definition this is not even rape. Its more a fantasy containing some rough pixelsex.

If you don't like it turn your head around and don't look at it. End of the story.


You should follow your own advise when it comes to BD/SM.


Syo Emerald wrote:

 

And damn it nobody is expecting you to like it, just move on and don't waste your time with it....hell, I don't like a lot of things I see, but do I open a thread about it? No.

 

nope, you just comment and comment and comment about how terrible it is and that its wrong.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0