Selling the snapshots you take

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4041 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Amethyst Jetaime was kind enough to point me to the Official Policy on Snapshots and Machinima a long while ago but in reading it over again I'm not quite sure that it answers my question-if it does then I'm just blind hehe I get that it's ok to take pictures but what about selling the images you take? I know photography studios and all that but if I go out and just take a snapshot on some random sim could I then turn around and sell it (provided the convenat does not forbid snapshots of course)? I just want to be certain before I do anything so I don't step on anyone's toes :)

Best is to talk with the sim/parcel owner and explain what you want to do. Most of them have nothing against it and they will be happy to hear you like the place, you can even get a group tag to rezz your own stuff while taking pics there.

And I would love to see what you made!

• Like 1

I think you would need to follow the same common sense you would in RL. 

A public sim is a public place and if snapshots are allowed then you are ok. I think it is also ok if you take the picture in a public location and adjoining private property just happens to partially show in the picture.  It would be the same as if you stood on a public street in RL and took a picture of a neighborhood.  To me public means it is shown in search or the land description says all are welcome.

If the sim is private though, I would certainly ask the permission of the owner particularly if the sim can not be seen from another public sim.  You wouldn't go on private property or in someone's house and photograph it without permission in RL.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4041 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.