Magic Box/ Direct Delivery/questions..confusion

Luxz Blessed

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4059 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi i dont get  the new system that will be in place concering the magic boxes,  what exactly is direct delivery and how  would i  send my stuff thats in my magic box to the direct delivery system? will the direct delivery be a physical  object in world like the magic box?

i'm not sure how to transition  from magic box to direct delivery basically.. i've been away from SL for  a year and  half now..so i'm trying to get up to speed.

thanks

I've just spent the best part of 3 hours unpacking and transferring everything from my Magic Box to the Merchant Outbox and then when i try to send, I just keep getting an error message:

Marketplace initialization failed.

Initialization with the marketplace failed because of a system or network error. Try again later.

So now I'm stuck with no listing and no way of getting my items online. What do I do now?

i'm trying to  do the manual association  thing  by  following the  directions  of the link you gave me but it's not working

i cant get my stuff to go into the unassociated inventory part  

1. Click Actions > Edit to open the listings Edit Item Listing page.
  2. Click the Edit associated object button on the Edit Item Listing page.
  3. Choose the Direct Delivery version of the object from the unassociated inventory in the provided list.  Delivery type is not indicated on the list, but it only displays inventory that is not currently associated with a listing.

Number 3  i cant do because there is nothing to chose from when i click edit Associated object  its just blank.

here is a screen shot screenshot.jpg

• Moderators

Luxz Blessed wrote:

i'm trying to  do the manual association  thing  by  following the  directions  of the link you gave me but it's not working

i cant get my stuff to go into the 
unassociated inventory part  
  1. Click 
    Actions > Edit
     to open the listings Edit Item Listing page.
  2. Click the 
    Edit associated object
     button on the Edit Item Listing page.
  3. Choose the Direct Delivery version of the object from the unassociated inventory in the provided list.  Delivery type is not indicated on the list, but it only displays inventory that is not currently associated with a listing.

Number 3  i cant do because there is nothing to chose from when i click edit Associated object  its just blank.

here is a screen shot 
screenshot.jpg

Greetings! 

This step should only be necessary if the system does not automatically link the Direct Delivery version to the existing Listing.

When you upload a copy of the item through your Merchant Outbox, check the actual listing entry on your Manage Listings section.  If it says "direct" as the delivery method, then the system linked the upload automatically for you so you do not have to manually associate the item.

i know its not necessary but i would do it  just to avoid having to transfer everything.. i tried adding something  yesterday to the merchant box and  it couldnt  upload as if it wasnt in sync or something ... so i dont think i can just manualy reupload my stuff one at a time within SL  >.>  unless i have to unbox my items first? can the merchant box handle boxed items like the magic box?

• Moderators

Greetings again!

Here is a really easy way to migrate all of your items, if you have 1 Magic Box with less than 100 tems:

1. Edit the Magic Box and change the name to DD Migration

2. Open the contents tab and copy everything to your inventory.

This should create a folder in your inventory called DD Migration

3. If your DD Migration Folder less than 100 items, highlight everything except the Xstreet SL scripts

4. Right click and choose "Send to Merchant Outbox"

5. After the MO loads all of the items, click the Send to Marketplace button.

You are done!

That is the entire process to migrate your items from the Magic Box to Direct Delivery. 

oh good everything went like you said except  when it was sending i got an error " no folders were sent to the markerplace because  of  a system network error. try again later" :(   i did everything like you said which was straight forward , thanks for helping me , do you know how to fix the error? only one made it to the direct mailing thing when i went back to check on the market place after the rest  say magic box

• Moderators

Hi Luxz!

Are you on the ground level or up in a skybox/platform?  Some users have reported issues if they are thousands of meters up in the sky.

If you are, try going to ground level. Logging out of SL, then logging back in at your last location, then try sending the items again.

im trying to use the outbox i already have a market place store but everytime i try to use the outbox it says set up a store am i missing somthing? please help me i tried editing my store,loging out of marketplace and back in reloging sl you name it

• Moderators

GaiaRex wrote:

im trying to use the outbox i already have a market place store but everytime i try to use the outbox it says set up a store am i missing somthing? please help me i tried editing my store,loging out of marketplace and back in reloging sl you name it

Hi GaiaRex,

You may use the Phoenix viewer to search for your Merchant Outbox then right click on the folder and choose Restore or drag the folder out so that it is showing as a Main/System Folder.

1. Search their Inventory for the 'Merchant Outbox' folder

2. Right click on the Folder and choose "Restore"

3. Log out of Second Life

4. Log into Second Life using the Official Second Life Viewer

Hello;

I have been reading over & over the Magic Box to DD system I have all my folders loaded into  Merchant Outbox, from the DD Migration folder etc as was mentioned to do.(from the magic box) I have gone to a ground level surface to send as well, yet still my items do not return back to my existing store. I get error message (market initialization failed,because of system or network error try again later) ok,..what shall I do beside keep trying, for now my whole store is offline.

Thank you

Honey

Well,

I have put all my items  BACK into magic box seeing as my store is  now messed up. every item shows to me in the pink as if not available, and I cant seem to fix this. my unlisted items i do no longer see,(those waiting to be listed and priced out)

What is the exact name that should be upon the magic box? for I had changed it as a post had mentioned to get things to work, I'm assuming I need to get it back to the original name for all things to  be correct once more??

Regards

Honey (my items are all non copy breedables)

Honey Streusel wrote:

Well,

I have put all my items  BACK into magic box seeing as my store is  now messed up. every item shows to me in the pink as if not available, and I cant seem to fix this. my unlisted items i do no longer see,(those waiting to be listed and priced out)

What is the exact name that should be upon the magic box? for I had changed it as a post had mentioned to get things to work, I'm assuming I need to get it back to the original name for all things to  be correct once more??

Regards

Honey (my items are all non copy breedables)

I didn't even think about this when talking to you earlier...DD currently does not work with no copy items, such as breedables; therefore Magic Boxes must still be used for these even after the cut off date.  The entire post can be found here; the pertinent info is:

For the time being, limited-quantity items can continue to use Magic Boxes and will not be affected. “Limited-quantity” refers to items that the Merchant does not have rights to copy (such as breedable animals which are “no copy” for the seller).

We do not have a Magic Box shutdown date for the migration of limited-quantity listings at this time. After we designate that date, we will give 30 days’ notice so that Merchants will have time to migrate those items.

I am so sorry I didn't think of that earlier.  I was having so much fun with my new little puppy. (Honey has some awesome breedables!!!  This puppy, a gorgeous little Pit Bull, is my first breedable pet and Honey's customer service - which began when the puppy could not be delivered from the MP - is exceptional!!)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4059 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.