Upload to SL not working after weightpainting!

Eowyn Swords

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4064 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I made some rigged mesh boots, when i upload them not rigged they  will load in sl, when i rigged them they load in sl but when i change the weighting information they wont upload, never had this problem...:smileysad:.anyone know what the problem could be? (sorry for my bad english)

There are a lot things that could have gone wrong along the line of workflow and causing this.

Unfortunately you did not mention which software you are using to make and export your model. Because there are several version and software specific problems (like with certain versions of blender or Maya etc) so I can only make some pointers to the most common issues:

Lets go through some of them:

- The verticegroups that contain the skinweights are not complete (there needs to be a group for each main bone with an exact name definition), 
- have wrong names, 
- or some of them are empty (do not contain any vertices)

watch this tutorial series to find out which groups are necessary and how to prepare your mesh for receiving them when parenting it to the armature: Second Life Rigged Clothing Series: Part 1 -6 

- the armature you have been using was missing a / some bones. So not all weights have been transferred when parenting the mesh to it. Or you even have been adding additional bones to it.

- you tried to export the textures along with the mesh (I am not 100% sure but I think this feature is still broken)

- furthermore:  too small faces, vertices with more then 4 bones assigned, duplicated vertices, new shape keys assigned, can also cause problems.

- You have applied the armature / which in turn would make the model static and not corresponding to bonemovements.

I suggest watching the video tutorials again and check if you did all steps right, in order to find out what could have gone wrong.

Cheers! Code

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4064 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.