Why do I have this little digital figure following me?

Kgadgets

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4065 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

4 answers to this question

A little digital figure?  Like the number "2" floating along behind you?  You're evidently wearing an attachment that is powering a transparent follower, or you are wearing an attachment that is hanging along behind you as you move.  In either case, the hover text is in the trailing object.  You have a couple of options:

1. Highlight transparent objects (CTRL + Alt + T) so you can see the follower, select it with your Edit tool, and potentially detach or kill it.

2. Open your inventory, click the WORN tab (or type "(WORN" in the search field) to see what the item is, then detach it.

It's also possible that the hover text is in some item of clothing or your hair.  The way to find it is to take off things one at a time until it goes away.  When you know what it is, remove the text if you can, or get rid of the item.

If that's NOT what you meangt by your question, click on the Options link in the upper right corner of your question and select EDIT to clarify it. Please do NOT start a new thread.

• Like 1

Kgadgets wrote:

.I'll try to discribe it better. It's like a little face that keeps changing 

Thank u for the advice.

Also, you don't look dumb at all!

Hmmm... A little face could be a few things.  It could be a prim object -- again, a follower of some kind -- or it could be a particle.  The particle idea is actually kind of neat.  I've seen it done effectively a few times, usually for someone towing a virtual billboard.  It would be driven by a script in something that you wear, as I described in the earlier post.  The script would rez a single particle that has a ghostly face on it, sort of like a Cheshire Cat.  I'd love to see a photo.

Something that follows you is either 1) an item attached to your avatar, or 2) a scripted item that is programmed to follow you (generally for annoyance value).

If 1), you can find what you are wearing and Detach it.

If 2), it cannot follow you if you teleport to a different region.  However, it may find you again and resume following you if you return to the region where it is.  A permanent solution would be for you, or whoever owns the land there, to find the follower object and Return it to its owner.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4065 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.