What is the fastest way to get an issue resolved? Live chat support or submitting a ticket?

Magdalena Tinamou

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3620 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hoiw long is a piece of string?

It's impossible to answer without putting some limitatiions on the question.  You only have access to Live Chat if you are a Premium member, so if you're a Basic member a support ticket is faster.  EXCEPT that if you're a Basic member, you can't ask a technical question in a support ticket, so neither method is faster.  Your only option is to ask us here.

If you ARE a Premium member, though, Live Chat is usually faster.  It's live, after all (except after hours, when they shut down until 8 a.m. SLT the next day).  Even having said that, however, it depends on the type of question.  I have used a support ticket to report sims off line many times, and have never had to wait more than about 20 minutes for it to be solved. 

3 answers to this question

Hoiw long is a piece of string?

It's impossible to answer without putting some limitatiions on the question.  You only have access to Live Chat if you are a Premium member, so if you're a Basic member a support ticket is faster.  EXCEPT that if you're a Basic member, you can't ask a technical question in a support ticket, so neither method is faster.  Your only option is to ask us here.

If you ARE a Premium member, though, Live Chat is usually faster.  It's live, after all (except after hours, when they shut down until 8 a.m. SLT the next day).  Even having said that, however, it depends on the type of question.  I have used a support ticket to report sims off line many times, and have never had to wait more than about 20 minutes for it to be solved. 

It really depends on the issue. If you are "stuck in the buffer" (ghosted) and need to be plucked out, live chat is the way to go. Other times, just like tech support worldwide, you get the run around and end up "submitting a ticket" which sometimes resolves things and other times never does. I hear this all the time from friends so have to assume it is correct.

Some of the live chat guys are great I hear and some not so much so that too is a gamble and may depend on the day and if folks have had their coffee for the morn. Good luck.

I guess the actual answer would be "Live Chat" since you will find out very quickly if there is actual help - LOL.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3620 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.