On Viewer 3 I can no longer find content in some windows, such as Profiles, SL Help, Search, etc.

Ronald Schmid

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4044 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

On my Viewer 3, certain windows do not show any content.  The window opens but nothing is in it.  This is not true of "Notecards" or "Chat windows"  but is true of "Profiles", "TOS, "help settings", the "Search" function, and perhaps others.  This has gone on for almost a week.  I have checked and installed a new "driver" since, I have re-started my computer, and no improvement.    Ronald Schmid

4 answers to this question

This is usually a problem with a antivirus software that falsely blocks a component of the viewer. You should check in the Windows Task Manager if slplugin.exe is running. If not, it most probably has been deleted or quarantined by some antivirus software. There is a good guide in how to fix this problem: http://wiki.phoenixviewer.com/antivirus_whitelisting

• Like 1

As Ansariel already said it can be related to settings in your Antivirus Program. Due to the described windows being Web-Content (like websites) and thus can be blocked by your antivirus.

If allowing the secondlife viewer completely as trusted application in your antivirus doesn't help (make sure to allow all subprocesses too) you also might check to update your adobe flash driver since the displayed content contains flash elements.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4044 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.