Banned for a ridiculous reason?

CAPAL

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4059 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Perrie Juran wrote:

Cerise Sorbet wrote:

There are chairs and there are chairs. Sometimes these things are important
o.O

I've made the pilgrimage to the Smithsonian to see Archie's chair.

I've been there too...years ago.  I even took a photo of it!

(It's behind plexiglass so no one can inadvertently sit in it. :matte-motes-wink-tongue:)

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CAPAL wrote: [...] 
Well, I didn't take this rule too serious [...]

It never, EVER fails to amaze me how some people allegedly don't feel the need to take sim rules seriously... but oh, when they're banned for that, they certainly DO take the consequences rather seriously :smileyindifferent: 

Trinity Yazimoto wrote:

Czari Zenovka wrote:

Perrie Juran wrote:

I don't believe that Redheads are a protected class, but from what I have heard, if you anger one, you may be in need of protection.

Bingo!
;)

Ah ! Here you are ! :smileywink:

Now I wouldn't be a true redhead if I didn't respond to the potential banning of redheads, would I? *Grins*

Czari Zenovka wrote:

Trinity Yazimoto wrote:

Czari Zenovka wrote:

Perrie Juran wrote:

I don't believe that Redheads are a protected class, but from what I have heard, if you anger one, you may be in need of protection.

Bingo!
;)

Now I wouldn't be a true redhead if I didn't respond to the potential banning of redheads, would I? *Grins*

well, Czari.... will you ban me next time i will sit on one of your chair . ? :matte-motes-wink:... because you know..... redheads are not banned in my land... and pp may even sit on any chair or bench or seat they want :smileywink:

(but if you ban me next time i sit on your chair, it can be another story :smileyvery-happy:)

Ren Toxx wrote:

Well, I didn't take this rule too serious [...]

It never,
EVER
fails to amaze me how some people allegedly don't feel the need to take sim rules seriously... but oh, when they're banned for that, they certainly DO take the consequences rather seriously :smileyindifferent: 

I am glad that I was able to amaze you, you are welcome.

Thank you for your opinions so far.

Could we please go back to the original topic and stop discussing about people with red hair? :matte-motes-smile:

Trinity Yazimoto wrote:

Czari Zenovka wrote:

Trinity Yazimoto wrote:

Czari Zenovka wrote:

Perrie Juran wrote:

Bingo!
;)

well, Czari.... will you ban me next time i will sit on one of your chair . ? :matte-motes-wink:... because you know..... redheads are not banned in my land... and pp may even sit on any chair or bench or seat they want :smileywink:

(but if you ban me next time i sit on your chair, it can be another story :smileyvery-happy:)

I would never ban you from sitting on my chairs or anywhere else on my parcel. *Hug*

CAPAL wrote:

Could we please go back to the original topic and stop discussing about people with red hair? :matte-motes-smile:

What do you have aggainst pp with red hair ? See what Czari just said.... she let me sit on any chair i want on her land.... and shes a red hair !!!

So this is not fair from you at all to want to do discrimination about redhair topic:smileywink:

ETA : redheads are usually cool ! but could it be the simowner who banned you is a redhead too ? :smileysurprised:

I don't think you should take it personally. To a owner/manager of a busy sim, you are just one in a long line of visitors. Some sims attract allot of griefers, allot of rule breakers and allot of general idiots. So the managers task is a tireless and thankless one. After a while they may become less tolerant and just kick and ban without question. This is because it's a process they may go through multiple times everyday and they haven't got the time or inclination to sit around explaining themselves to everyone who gets upset for the harsh treatment. I don't blame them

Rules are generally put in place for a reason,maybe to maintain the atmosphere and feel of the sim, to maintain order or sometimes an extreme rule could have been put in place to address an earlier issue that you are not aware of.

If you are not able to accept it and move on then I suggest you create an alt, go back to the sim undercover and subtly investigate the rules further with the owner and the regulars to try and find out why they are in place. Hopefully that will provide you with a more satisfactory answer as to why you were banned.

Czari Zenovka wrote:

Trinity Yazimoto wrote:

Czari Zenovka wrote:

Trinity Yazimoto wrote:

Czari Zenovka wrote:

Perrie Juran wrote:

Bingo!
;)

I would never ban you from sitting on my chairs or anywhere else on my parcel. *Hug*

You are all welcome to sit in my lap anytime.  :D

Could
we
please go back to the original topic [...] ?

'We' implying that you are also willing to discuss about it... yet, though it's clear that you're actively following the thread as it develops, and choosing to answer when and how it suits you, I have still to see you even remotely acknowledging the relevant, and in fact central question that has already been directed at you several times, which is: why in fact did you knowingly break a rule, and then complain about the consequences? And no, 'I didn't take it seriously' won't sail because (and I will now say it plainly and without irony, so you can't pretend not to have read that part too) you've clearly taken the consequence seriously... so why not the cause? :smileyhappy:

Are 'we' indeed discussing the issue, Capal, or were you just waiting for someone to somehow validate your action and ignore the rest? Because if you just wanted back-patting, perhaps you could just say so :smileywink:

CAPAL wrote:

Let me see if I can remember the story so far.

You were visting a SIM.

You saw a Redhead sitting in a chair.

You sat in her lap with out asking permission.

The Redhead (who also happened to be the SIM owner's wife) got really upset.

She said something to her husband.

Upon seeing you in his wife's lap he banned you from his SIM.

But now you are feeling bad because you have a bad case of the hots for the SIM owners wife and really want a chance to woo her away from her husband.

Did I get this right?

CAPAL wrote:

@
Nyll Bergbahn: 
I did apologize, but the owner didn't even react or answer to this. I can ban all redheads from my own place? I did not know that it is allowed to discriminate people in Second Life.

I was being facetious.:smileyvery-happy: I know a few redheads and they are all lovely so don't ban them!

Well, if the owner is ignoring you, you will just have to find somewhere else to hang out.

Nyll Bergbahn wrote:

CAPAL wrote:

@
Nyll Bergbahn: 
I did apologize, but the owner didn't even react or answer to this. I can ban all redheads from my own place? I did not know that it is allowed to discriminate people in Second Life.

I was being facetious.:smileyvery-happy: I know a few redheads and they are all lovely so don't ban them!

Well, if the owner is ignoring you, you will just have to find somewhere else to hang out.

Would you let him sit in your lap instead?

It might get his mind off of the Redhead.

Ren Toxx wrote:

Could
we
please go back to the original topic [...] ?

[...]

Are 'we' indeed discussing the issue, Capal, or were you just waiting for someone to somehow validate your action and ignore the rest? Because if you just wanted back-patting, perhaps you could just say so :smileywink:

Of course I am trying to take part in the discussion, I just thought that I would would have written my opinion in the first post, but I guess I was wrong.

I am of course not looking for someone who is validating my opinion :matte-motes-smile:  I am just curious about your thoughts. Even if I would look for someone who agrees to me, it wouldn't change anything in the end.

In general: I am really trying to write about this topic in polite and friendly way, but it looks like some people here are hating me for my personal opinion about this incident.

Capal, i dont know you, and i dont hate you at all, since i dont know you. I dont hate your opinion either, since its yours. 

Here is my opinion about yout topic.

For me, the reason of your ban is ridiculous, indeed. and i think you should more laugh about it than everything else. After all, this landowner choosed to loose a visitor for a stupid reason, well... its still her freedom.

But

you said yourself you knew about the rules.

As pp have said before, even stupid or laughables rules remain rules and maybe for the landowner this rule make sense.

So you knew in advance the rules. you played, you lost. End of the story. its just like if you hit the button for light and then are complaining because the light is on in the room. When you press the light button, you know what will happen. Here its same. you wanted to know what if you sit despite the rule, now you know.

of course, its somewhat laughable, so i think you should keep this for fun stories and find another place for hanging out.

Perrie Juran wrote:

Nyll Bergbahn wrote:

CAPAL wrote:

@
Nyll Bergbahn: 

Would you let him sit in your lap instead?

It might get his mind off of the Redhead.

haha...not on my lap and most definitely not on my chair!

I'm sorry I ever mentioned Redheads :smileyvery-happy: and now he's fixated on them.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4059 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.