Embarassing newbie question on editing items

nyanyanman

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4067 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Well, I got the Splittongue from fairysnake, and it is, well, excessivly big for my avatar.

I've edited other items more than enough, but the tongue is only out for about half a second, the rest of the time it is hidden away.

Unfortunately, I cannpt figure out another way to select it on my avatar so I can edit it to actually come out my mought, not the side of my head, and be of the correct size.

What should I do to be able to select it and edit it? I guess it needs to be on to see the result, since I don't know another way to edit it to get the desired effect without it being on my avi.

Thanks in advance.

Maybe stand on a pose stand and wear an emoter or smily application, wait until your avatar opens its mouth, and grab your tongue with pincers? Just don't pull too hard.

Once you have it selected in edit, it should stay still until you close out of the edit window. (Edit in build mode, not appearance mode.)

As the others above already mentioned best way is to use a Posestand to give yourself a fix pose so your avatar won't move anymore.

In general to adjust things like that and to have less hurdles you should do it in an unattached state.

Rezz it, and move it to the position where its supposed to be on your posed Avatar. (this way you can easily just hop of the posing stand if you need to select it and do some changes, jump back on the poser to see how it works out and so on.

Because zooming into your avatar with the attached object in a difficult spot, can be - even with disabled camera constraints  - sometimes hard to manage depending on if you have voluminous hair attached, meshparts where bounding boxes would cover that area and many more reasons.

If it is objects which are scripted like the tongue, it is sometimes best to change into a region where scripts are disabled. or if its controled by a single or just a few scripts to pull them out first, store them in your inventory and put them back in after editing. (but the change into a no-script zone or region is definitely the easier choice : ) )

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4067 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.