A place to call home please

Sephina Frostbite

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4068 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I hate to break it to you, Sephina, but unless you get a private sim and lock it down your "privacy" can always be compromised. Anyone can cam into your boudoir and snap pics and you won't always know it (they can take Silent Snapshops and even cam in on you while Show Look At shows them looking at something else entirely).

Griffin Ceawlin wrote:

I hate to break it to you, Sephina, but unless you get a private sim and lock it down your "privacy" can always be compromised. Anyone can cam into your boudoir and snap pics and you won't always know it (they can take
Silent Snapshops
and even cam in on you while
Show Look At
shows them looking at something else entirely).

So promises of privacy are false then? Thanks for the heads up.

Actually, what you say is partly true, Griffin. LL introduced a new feature some months ago to make avatars invisible inside a parcel to anyone not in the parcel. That said, there is no way to have full privacy unless one has a locked-down sim *or* a parcel with ban lines and invisible avis on.

Your right about the new feature and it is easy to do

when you find your new parcel and purchase and pay tier

right click the land go to about land then the options tab about 1/2 way down on the right hand side you will see a box that says Avatars on other parcels can see and chat with avatars on this parcel take the check mark out! then others will not see you effectively you are invisble :)

hope that helps  if you need land give me an IM inworld i work for an estate :)

SMILE

Some tips to help with making your home as private as possible.

1) build on the ground or close to it. This is becasue banlines only go up 150m. If your building stays below this level and you uncheck "Allow Public Access" in About Land Access tab, then only you and people on the Allowed Residents list will be able to enter the building.

2) in the Options tab, make sure "Avatars on other parcels can see and chat with avatars on this parcel" is unchecked. This way outsiders can't spy on you. they can see the building but not any avatars inside.

3) On the Sound tab check "Restrict gestures and object sounds to this parcel" so any gestures and sounds don't go beyond your parcel. Also, if you have "Enable Voice" checked, also check "Restrict Voice to this parcel". That way if you are chatting on voice, it is only heard by other avatars on your parcel.

These steps are more effective than a security orb since nobody who isn't permitted access to your home can get there. A security orb will still give momentary access (typically a few seconds).

Sephina Frostbite wrote:

I am premium and I have set it to private still has done nothing. People still randomly tp. I just want a nice modern skybody or home.

if you had it set correctly people wouldn't be able to tp in and out :) They'd bounce off the shields.

Alicia Sautereau wrote:

Same as my example abouve:

Just fly over it outside of orb range and increase draw distance for remote cam

Yes, they can see the stuff you have rezzed, but not the avatars when "Avatars on other parcels can see and chat with avatars on this parcel" is NOT checked in the options tab of About Land. Like I said.

Curious Hazelnut wrote:

Alicia Sautereau wrote:

Same as my example abouve:

Just fly over it outside of orb range and increase draw distance for remote cam

Yes, they can see the stuff you have rezzed, but not the avatars when "Avatars on other parcels can see and chat with avatars on this parcel" is NOT checked in the options tab of About Land. Like I said.

Like i said, Just fly over it outside of orb range and increase draw distance for remote cam

There is no privacy in sl if one is determent do be an arse

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4068 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.