Can someone tell me why I can't use my name "Georgia" as my avie's name?

GSRobinson

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4073 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

When I tried to create my avie, I kept getting an error message that I was using a name that was already taken.  I was trying to do GeorgiaSueRobinson (not my full real name).  When I changed it to GSRobinson, it worked but then when I tried to change my display name to "Georgia Sue Robinson", it told me I was trying to used a banned word.  When I changed it to Jennifer Sue Robinson, it worked.

Why is the name Georiga banned?  It's my name.  I like it.  We have a state with that name.  There's even a country with that name.  I don't get it.

5 answers to this question

Hello,

I also just tried and got a message that a display name containing 'Georgia' is banned.

I am not sure, it is possible to use other Countrie's or US. state's names, e.g. I tried with 'Vermont' and 'Austria' with some alts and it worked (although I had hoped it wouldn't work, because now 2 of my alts have ridiculous names for at least a week:P ).

Someone said in a previous thread about that issue, that the name 'Georgia' could sound too similar to the word 'Gor' and is maybe banned therefore, but that doesn't sound very reasonable.

Also it would be possible that it's banned because it contains the spanish word 'orgia'.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4073 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.