Is there a waiting period for Ero's to lindens?

PeggySue Sapphire

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4047 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I have a landowner telling me he has to wait 2 days for his Ero's to change to lindens before he can pay me the money he owes me, is this true? Or does he actually mean Ero's to U.S. dollars then to lindens?

<script id="overlay_tmpl" type="text/html">// <div id="<%= overlayId %>" class="_mp3rocket_overlay_style" style="left: <%= overlayLeft %>; top: <%= overlayTop %>; width: <%= overlayWidth %>; height: <%= overlayHeight %>"></div> // </script>

2 answers to this question

There is not normally a delay when you are buying L$, unless you are placing a limit order. Your landlord may have other restrictions outside of SL, however, so that he can't move money into his SL account quickly.  It's hard to imagine someone else's cash flow challenges.  Two days doesn't seem like a serious delay, though, so I suggest giving him the benefir of the doubt.

Rolig's answer was spot on. However from my own experience as a landlord. I'd only let it slide once. He knows when his rent is due and should plan in advance so he can pay it on time. 

If he has a problem with the due date because of when he gets paid in RL that can be changed easily enough. Agree on a new due date that is convenient for him and works for you getting his rent so you can pay tier on time. Have him pay a prorata amount from the due date now to the new due date so you can advance the rent box to the due date that is convenient for him. If he wants to give more excuses why this won't work for him, chances are he really isn't interested in paying on time and you can then decide how much leeway you are willing to give before evicting him the next time he is late.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4047 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.