Sign in to follow this  
Jamiee Daines

Open Collar 3.80 Fubar?

I love Open Collar and I appreciate all it does for pretty much no cost, but.....

I upgraded my collar to V 3.80 and it seems messed up in that if i attach any other BDSM device the RLV relay seems to mess up the open collar such that i have to logoff and reconnect after detaching the other devices.

As i think of it this might not be limited to V 3.80 as I am not sure when I was last playing with the toys in question.  

But I have noticed that V 3.80 seems to have the scripts go dormant on me from time to time.  I mean when you do a script count for the collar they are not shown as active and the collar does not work.  I restart SL and everything goes back to good.

That issue seems new to V 3.80 to me.

Any help or discussion on this would be greatly appreciated.

I have never had much luck with the open collar relay, it has never played well with other devices.  Unless it has been completely updated, you are a lot better off with a free external multi relay.  I've been configuring my collars without the relay since the possibility first came out. 

I agree.  In my experience, collar relays never work as well as do custom-designed ones.  I would certainly advise using a stand-alone relay whenever possible.

I have a problem which is not the same,

but I feel related enough to not spam another thread.

On two of my other chars I've been trying out the RLV-Dress/Undress option,

putting on clothes which are in my RLV map.

However, the clothes just don't come on.

I have this problem with both open collar and (not sure about name) i-Restraint.

I haven't done much with add or removing clothes with the open collar but had no issues at all with the iControl.

What with the new mesh stuff and the alpha layers I would be curious how RLV handles add v. wear or attach, if it can at all.

There are a lot of things you must do to attach some stuff in terms of pre-setup.in your RLV folders and I cannot be certain if you set them up properly without talking to you directly.

Shared folders are the only way to handle mesh and alpha layers and so on.   That way you can take off -- for example -- a mesh and its associated alpha layer while leaving other mesh attachments and alpha layers intact.   You can also remove one item from a clothing layer or attachment point while leaving the others alone, either permanently or just for the time being.

I hesitate to plug my own work but I have made what I consider rather a good stripper gadget, primarily because I have a lot of mesh clothes and I wanted something that would work with them.   I won't link to the marketplace, but there's some details of how to set the folders and stuff up in our blog.