Script trying to take controls from owner but PERMISSION_TAKE_CONTROLS permission not set!

Take5

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 229 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

5 answers to this question

On 9/2/2023 at 4:12 PM, VALIANTSAM said:

so basically there is no fix 

Well, if you read my 2013 post and the two below yours, you'll see it all depends on context. It's a permission issue.  The script needs your permission to control it.  Most vehicle scripts are like that, for example. It's possible that it's written to only allow the current owner to operate it,  or members of a specific group. Most scripts that are meant to restrict use like that are written to reset on change of ownership or at least on rez. It's possible, as I suggested above, that it was poorly scripted. It's also possible that it is simply broken. If you wrote the script or if you have permission to modify it, it's fairly easy to "fix" it. If not, then you are out of luck. 

• Like 1

It means exactly what it says.  Any time a scripted object is supposed to control your avatar's behavior, it has to ask your permission first.  A scripter has to provide a way for the script to get that permission, usually by putting a bit of code into the event that activates the object.  In the case of your AO, the act of attaching the AO probably starts things going.  My guess is that the scripter has miscoded that part of the script.  Without seeing the script itself, it's impossible to know exactly what repair to recommend.  Unfortunately, the script is almost certainly no-mod, to, so you can't fix it anyway.  If you are VERY lucky, you might be able to get it to behave by detaching the HUD and then wearing it again, but don't count on it.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 229 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.