What is the reasonable price for themed residential sims, with landscape service included?

Isabelli Anatine

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3634 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I wonder it, because Im kind of new in have a full sim, and I want it to turn into a comunity, with a café at the center of sim, some roads and the sim be open to public.

Orbits would be allowed, but ban lines are forbbiden.

What is the usual price for this kind of parcel?

I thought first at 2L/prim a week, but people told em is too expensive, so I wonder how low I could do it, since the café and roads and such wouldnt never be rented, and the tier should cover the comunity parcel.... 

So my dilema is, how much I could ask for rent , so I would know how large can be the public part of the sim.

Hi... its not as easy as it looks like... there is no standard value... If its for mainland, usually those who really want to have a serious piece of land they pay approx. L$1,2 per prim. (or less) and they have almost full perms (landscape, bann lines, change name, deed to group etc.) Or if it is for a private sim the MOST expensive i ever seen is 1,8 per prim with tottaly full rights (ownership)
Of course as you saying... yours is a developed land with streets etc..

Well..

You have to focus to find tenants who are not able to build and rez anything, so they will have to need to rent something like yours.

And since what are you going to give them is service more than land... make sure they will be happy of it, so they keep paying you.

P.S. Dont listen to me..

As i see you are an old member with 589 posts.... So you know better than me, besides im OLD and pesimistic

Listen to all the rest who will tell you to go on :P

You can find this out by looking at the land search and finding parcels on a sim similar to what you want to set up. 

While there is some demand for places with community space, the demand is limited.  Since you are going to include the cost of the tier for the area that has the roads and cafe on it, only people that really want that are going to be interested in renting there since the tier will be a lot higher than they can get the same size parcel for on sims that have these. 

Roads are only a recreational asset if you can lay out an interesting course that is easily rideable and there is little lag on the sim.  A simple grid of roads like you'd find in most neighborhoods aren't going to fit that bill and be more eye candy than anything unless you are going to allocate most of the prims from the road land to the residential lots in the form of object bonus prims.  See this article for how to set up an object bonus.

As far as the cafe, it is my experience that places like that sit empty and are not used or valued by the community much, unless you offer events there, such as contests, parties or live music.  This will cost you L's to do since you will need to pay a DJ or live musician or provide prizes.  Even then, most of your tenants will probably be from different time zones making it difficult to schedule events when most can attend, unless you find tenants from around the same area of the RL world.

None of these issues are insurmountable though if you do a lot of research on your competition and draw up a good business plan that makes your sim very competitively priced.

Well, it depends on the quality of the location and what is offered in forms of public infrastructure, zoning, etc.

Quality rentals like Lionheart Estates take around L$1,80 to 1,90 per prim,
Anshe Chung for example takes between L$1,40 to 2,00 per prim, depending on location.
Mainland rentals starting around L$1,10, but that's usually unzoned land, often surrounded by concrete industrial structures.

Remember, if the area is nice and well kept, renters are willing to pay more.
But then, in RL it's the same - see Greater London realestate prices...

Some are indeed abit more expensive, but depending the type/setup the estate has it`s worth it.

I`ll just go on with the 2 exmples:
Both have good support, tho you can`t keep every one happy
Protected land between plots, theme`d design
Staff that roam around looking for problems to report, or take care of it immidiatly befor anyone complains

I`ve lived on both and happy, tho i`ve returned to LH after my forced break

It`s all relative :)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3634 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.