I am banned, region owner says im not, in about six sims now, what do i do?

Skoops Barrymore

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4074 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Sim after sim is disappearing for me, i cant go anywhere because im banned from some of the most popular places however when contacting owners they show me as not on the banlist and resets dont work.

Its not that im just not teleporting in, when i walk up to the region its blank it doesnt load but loads for everyone else, when i walk into it i almost fall indefinatly, ive cleared cache and tried different viewers

6 answers to this question

There are two possibilities for this, as your question omits any error message text, it's impossible to guess which will apply.

Firstly, if TPs are always failing (this gives an error message), the issue is with your DNS. Recommend jumping from your current DNS to Google's, or OpenDNS.

Secondly, if you are banned, and it's not the parcel/sim owners doing, you're likely to be Estate banned. Contact whoever is responsible for the estate in order to find out why. Some estates ban you for as little as complaining about their spam marketing, so I wouldn't be too surprised if this is what's happened.

• Like 2

I have had this happen before that I thought I was estate banned. The sim owner said I was not so I contacted LL they said I was not banned either so to solve it they experimenting with adding me to the estate ban list saving it then removing me. This seemed to work.  LL could not explain why the sim seemed to think I was banned when I was not but this trick worked. So contact the estate owner if you are not on either ban list then ask her/him to add you to the estate ban list then later remove you and see if that fixes it.

Hello, simple silly question. Why do you know you are banned maybe it´s just TP problems or a security orb where your name wouldn´t show on the ban-list ?

Maybe doing a clean fresh install of your viewer because it is a cache issue.

If you could give the "error" message at entering sims that might help.

Monti

• Like 1

If you're prevented from entering a region because you're banned from it, you should receive an error message telling you that's why you can't enter.   

If I've properly understood you, you are trying to walk into regions that simply aren't there for you but are for everyone else.    That sounds like some sort of connection issue to me, unless you're actually getting a message saying you're banned.

I would start by rebooting your cable modem and then re-trying.   If that doesn't work, I think submitting a ticket/contacting live chat is your best course of action.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4074 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.