Age Verification

ChanceTaker

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2895 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I read that there is no more age verification.  When I joined I entered my birth date which is well over 18 yet I am blocked from certain age sites.  So either I entered my age incorrectly when joining or there is something else wrong that I can't uncover.  If it is the former then how can I correct my age?  Also how can I find out my age?

Do you have POIF (payment information on file)?

Some locations require this as an added layer of protection against under-aged residents.

You automatically get this status (you can see it in your profile) when you use a verified payment source.

• 1 month later...

I am wondering if some parcels still have their settings to admit only people verified under that old, failed system (I totally forget what it was called).  If you had entered your birthdate wrong you'd be blocked from all Adult and Moderate land but if it's just isolated parcels I would guess that they still have that old legacy adult-verification in place.

Which means that the parcel-owner needs to be publically horse-whipped.

Ryder Palfrey wrote:

I am wondering if some parcels still have their settings to admit only people verified under that old, failed system (I totally forget what it was called).  If you had entered your birthdate wrong you'd be blocked from
all
Adult and Moderate land but if it's just isolated parcels I would guess that they still have that old legacy adult-verification in place.

Which means that the parcel-owner needs to be publically horse-whipped.

I don't think it works like that. The old system (Aristotle / Integrity) was replaced by the self-reported date-of-birth method of age verification, so if a landowner requires that visitors be age-verified, I think either form of verification works. I doubt there's any way to specify one or the other.

• 4 months later...

Although they no longer demand proof of age through documentation unless it has changed as well.. there is a part of your dashboard where you have to click a button saying you were truthful about you birth date information. Once you do this you can check the drop menu in your preferences in world to allow the adult locations. 

Note : if you stay logged in world while you change the dashboard often it requires a re-log to take effect.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2895 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.