How do I get a refund from a Marketplace seller who falsely advertised?

Kirinn Vollmar

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4072 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Pamela Galli wrote:

@ Czari -- yes the smarter criminals have realized they don't need to go to the trouble to copybot something and package it up to sell. Just sell empty boxes or griefer objects.

If the Marketplace welcomes them with open arms, and there's no risk of consequences, why not?

I was thinking the same thing and almost posted it in reference to the former warning that used to be on the items in the Used Items category - now unfortunately it looks like the entire MP needs that warning. :(

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just an update:

the man has taken to threatening me and calling me a pedophile now, claiming I am a hacker and did age play and has photos. All of which are untrue. Whoever is like..harassing the guy, can you not do that? I haven't done anything against this moron, so I'd appreciate not having to deal with that.

I am going to send out a warning to my group, along with the weeky notice, let them know it's not just illegal stuff they risk buying -- which some ppl obviously don't care about, if you look on the ripped hair listings -- but no stuff or griefer stuff, which they do care about.

Kirinn Vollmar wrote:

just an update:

the man has taken to threatening me and calling me a pedophile now, claiming I am a hacker and did age play and has photos. All of which are untrue. Whoever is like..harassing the guy, can you not do that? I haven't done anything against this moron, so I'd appreciate not having to deal with that.

I would definitely file an AR on this guy.  After you have done so, my advice would be to mute him.  OTOH, if he continues to harrass you, filing additional follow-up ARs might be beneficial.

What is the opinion of others on the mute issue in this case?

It's really sad how LL lets scammers get away to things like this.  If someone does something like this on Steam for example, they will get banned.  

This is one of the things that makes you question LL and their support.

EDIT: Guess I suck at reading; the guy's stuff was removed from the market place.  But, it still sucks for all the people that were scammed.

honerken wrote:

It's really sad how LL lets scammers get away to things like this.  If someone does something like this on Steam for example, they will get banned.  

Interesting.  Isn't LL a part of Steam ie. being listed on it now or is that still pending?

If LL is now featured on Steam, I'm wondering if Steam's rules would apply within SL re: scammers.

Czari Zenovka wrote:

honerken wrote:

Interesting.  Isn't LL a part of Steam ie. being listed on it now or is that still pending?

If LL is now featured on Steam, I'm wondering if Steam's rules would apply within SL re: scammers.

I havent checked but last I heard SL was not listed on Steam.

But patterns and I think something else is.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4072 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.