Linden Lab, thank you.

LeVey Palou

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4052 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello all hope your decade has been well. I rarely post to the forums since Xstreet went away but noticed today  that " Your World Your Imagination"  has returned as the official motto. Not sure how long this has been in effect but thank you to those who returned this as offical. 

Your world your imagination is the foundation of Second life and I am glad to know this was important to others.

Lev

I imagine a world where LL actively works to protect the IP rights of the thousands of content creators that have built this cash cow for them.  If LL want to us to build and create anything we can imagine then it's about time they started protecting that philosophy instead of allowing IP thieves to rape the world of all the best content. 

LL are indirectly responsible for all content theft. They endorsed the libsecondlife project, they made the code open source, essentially inviting malicious use of the code. Since that point LL have done the bare minimum to ensure that they meet the minimal legal requirement by running only a partially effective DMCA process. It's clearly not enough as evidenced by the massive amount of stolen content that they are currently hosting on their servers, stolen both from within SL and outside.

This slogan is meaningless in a world where our creations are not actively protected.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4052 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.