Reactivated avatar 2 days ago and nothing is working correctly. How do I fix it?

Starla Aristocrat

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3992 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I reactivated my avatar 2 days ago. Nothing is working right. It makes me choose between male and female every single time I log in. It will not let me rez anything to the ground or add anything to my appearance(Iike switch my shape out or anything). It's even not letting me keep the gestures my friends give me in my inventory. I was wondering if there is a more simple solution rather than calling Linden Labs. Thanks so much!

• Like 1

3 answers to this question

Sorry, there isn't.  People often experience some problems when reactivating an old account.  The only solution is to file a support ticket that details the specific issues you have. Use the category Account Issues.   On the bright side, LL responds to support tickets much faster than they did in the "old" days so if you can tell them exactly what to work on, you should get service soon.

• Like 1

Hello Starla,

I've had the exact same happening just now. Are there any fixes yet or did you file a support ticket? Could Linden Lab help you?

My avatar got reactivated just today and I thought it might need some "in-world" activation or recognition because NOTHING is working or saving.

Hope to hear of your experiences soon.

As I commented in response to the OP, it is common for reactivated accounts to behave poorly at first. It often takes a few support tickets or at least some patient tweaking on your own part. There's no guarantee that you will be able to reactivate a cancelled account at all, or that your inventory will be intact, and there's no way to be sure that your av will behave properly right away. This is the biggest reason why the volunteers here in Answers always advise people NOT to cancel an account if they decide to leave SL. If you just walk away, you can always come back and pick up like nothing happened. Reactivating can be a real pain.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3992 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.