if SL deletes your account is it gone for good? what if i was hacked?

Panzy

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4075 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hi,

I had an account on SL for maybe 3 or 4 years, can't remember. I stopped playing for awhile and now I tried to log in it says something like my account doesn't exist. I even searched it in names and nothing came up. I sent LL a few messages like last year and they never replied. So I've just been using a new account, but now I'm starting to remember all the stuff on my old account and I miss it. I'll be honest I may have broken the rules occasionally (Worst I got was an email saying i was blocked for an hour or so, but that was long ago when I had first joined), but from what I've read nothing that would warrant deleting my account for good! :matte-motes-crying:

So I wonder if maybe I was hacked?Cause I already was demanded once by LL to show my ID for being assumed underage (? Not sure why), so they have all my information, and seemed they were ok with that, yet now they've deleted my account and wont write back. :matte-motes-angry:

can I ever get it back? Please help! :heart:

4 answers to this question

If you have cancelled your account, you may be able to restore it, depending on how long ago it was cancelled. There is a US$9.95 reactivation fee for restoring an account.

32px-KBwarning.png Warning: Even if your account is restored, the associated inventory, land, and Linden dollar balance may be unrecoverable.

To start the process:

1. Open a support case.
  2. Under What type of problem are you having? choose Account Issue.
  3. Choose Reactivate an old account.
  4. Enter the required information
  5. Click Submit.

• Like 1

Panzy,

If you abandoned [meaning walked away from] an account several years ago, it should still be available to use if you have the login details which are account name & password.

If you requested a deletion from Linden Lab of an account several years ago, it has been "deleted" although some traces of it's existence will still remain. These are usually invalid name pointers to "Creator" found in any objects you may have build and given to others or sold on the then Shopping System

If you are getting the dreaded Account Does Not Exist message then your account is in fact in a deleted status. You may request the restoration of this account for a fee of $9.95 from Linden Lab. Info below:

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Accounts-overview/ta-p/700019#Section_.3.1

Warning: We've seen a number of problems here in SL Answers from individuals who have requested the recreation of old accounts. Be warned. You may have a lot of issues getting it up to speed with the latest viewer,

• Like 2

If the account was a basic free account, it should not have been deleted.  The only reasons it may have been are a) you committed some serious breach of the LL Terms of Service and were permanently banned, or b) your account was hacked, and the peron using your credentials got it banned by doing bad things while logged in as "you".

If your accont was a Premium account, and you failed to psy your charges (land tier, classified ads, membership fees, etc.) then LL may have deleted your account.

In any case, a Support ticket requesing reinstatement of the account should provide more insight into what happened.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4075 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.