RW account charge for what exactly?

Emierald

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4081 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

21 answers to this question

You should ask that Linden Lab's billing department:

Have billing issues? Give us a call.

Note that phone support is for billing issues only. If you're having technical issues, please use technical support.

Billing support phone numbers

Toll-Free (US/Canada)

Long-Distance

Our Billing team is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

Local Toll-Free numbers
  • France: 0805.101.490
  • Germany: 0800.664.5510
  • Japan: 0066.33.132.830
  • Brazil: 0800.762.1132
  • Spain: 800.300.560
  • UK: 0800.048.4646
  • Support is in English Only

Emerald,

Take a look at your Account History to see what your were charged for. Then get on the phone with the Linden Lab Billing Department.

Since you have just changed your payment method, you may have only had a pre-charge reservation made. These are auto-reversed in 48 hours and are not real charges.

You may have also been charged for some outstanding small debt. Not large enough to put your account on hold but there none the less. Your Account History will tell you what you were charged for.

There is nothing to worry about, it is just a verification process. You are not ACTUALLY billed:

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Billing/ta-p/700037

We send a US$1.00 authorization to ensure that a credit card is valid. While this isn't a billing, the card must have at least US$1.00 available on it to pass validation. 

Why was I charged $1.00 on my credit card?

This is not an actual charge, but an authorization that we request from your credit card company.

Once the authorization is received, which confirms the account is valid, we then rescind the authorization.

At no time is the US$1.00 actually charged, though the authorization may appear on a credit card statement as such.

This is a standard practice, commonly used when companies are establishing a line of credit with a financial institution.

What does "RW" stand for?  I hate when people use some obscure abbreviations as, what appears to be, nouns.  I understand Internet speak is often quite different from real speak but when a question is asked, it's always best to be as clear as possiblel if you want an answer that actually refers to the question asked.  RW means nothing to me except that it happens to be my real life initials............were you asking me, specifically, a question?  If so then I really have no answer since $1.01 (one dollar, one cent) charge against your payment method is something I've never heard of.

October, 2005 was my first account.........the 20th, to be percise (but I just don't remember the time of day......probably after 6:00 pm since I went to Second Life dot com after seeing a 30 sec blurp on my local news channel at the end of a newscast). :)

BTW..........a "Chopper" with loud pipes would be nice.  Need the loud pipes so I can hear them.  :)

Call me dense.........I couldn't think past my initials. :) But the "old school" in me still says if it's not some universially understood abbreiviation one should always use the un-abbreviated word(s) before falling back on the abbreviation. Heck, I'm just old fashioned........even real life (RW?) news agencies do it. :(

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4081 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.