Ads on dashboard page?

Paul Hexem

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4080 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

But... it's so terribly done. These are supposed to be professional coders on a professional website, but it looks like something a scammer hacked together on blogger.com or something. I know they have a reputation for dropping the ball, but this is ridiculous.

Darren Scorpio wrote:

Yeah that was my first comment too. To me it seems as if it had been hacked
because the ads lead to cheap scam sites
. But I would think that by now the lindens would have resolved the issue, so it is very likely that they are doing this themselves.

I am interested to know what makes you think that the ads lead to "cheap scam sites". Have you clicked on them? If so, what did you find?

I read the thread you linked to and the ads don't look like scams to me. They look like genuine affiliate ads and Doubleclick (mentioned earlier) is a centre for affiliate advertising. Because of the very bad placement of the ads in the screenshots, and the fact that they come and go, it makes me think that someone at LL was experimenting with the code placement - the code being what an affiliate needs to place in the html page to make the ads appear. I've been trying to see the ads by refreshing my dashboard but I can't get them, so it could have been LL trying to place them properly, and not yet succeeding.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4080 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.