Help needed with words on textures ( hope its in the right area)

LilMistyLebed

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4054 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I need help with the wording on textures does anyone have any suggestions its small in preview and in makes but when i put it in world its stretched and blurry the back where it says anarchy is the only thingthat comes out fine its the president and women of mayhem that im having issues with and i have no idea what to do this is my first one ever

texture help copy.png

issue.png

It looks like it is blurry on the map, which would make it worse on the actual object in-world. Do you have a full map you can post? If that is the size you are using then it is way too small. You want to use 1024x1024 for mesh objects like this, though not necessary they make texturing 20x easier for newer mesh-makers.

hum... i wouldnt advice you to make it 1024 size.. ive learnt here that 1024 is hell for the lag.

but there are some other tricks you can use for avoiding the blurry on your letters.

If you use pshop, you can try to change your pixeled text in a vectorial one (you have an option for this in the layer menu on the top of your screen, "convert to shape" or smth like this, i dont rem, im not on my usual laptop for now.

You can also flater your pic before resizing to 512

you can also add a white channel under your letters..ive a link for a tuto for this, ill post it later when ill be back at home.

try to avoid 1024 textures the more you can, they are causing lag...

of course if there is a real big difference between 512 and 1024 after uploading, then ok. But you should try some other tricks before .

im sorry ive forgoten to paste the link for the white shadow tutorial at my lunch break, ill try to do it later in the day

Here is the link i told you about adding a White Channel.

Here is another that may help you for resizing your texture without loosing too much quality and details.

for your pb with blury texture  can you give more details pls ?

is your texture already blurry in pshop ? where its precisely blurry ? do you use the sl map grid for building your texture ? how do you settle your texture inworld in the texture tab ? And can you add a new pic so for i can see what is your problem exactly and see if i can help you ?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4054 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.