smart skirt script

Lynnaea Chronisch

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3632 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Don't bother.  It's an abomination.  There have been several unsuccessful versions over the years, and they all fail in the same disastrous ways:

1. They rotate your skirt UP in front and DOWN in back so that you end up with an unsightly butt crack.

2. The activate when you sit on anything ... a pose ball, a dance machine, a chimera .... so your skirt flips up at very awkward times.

3.  They activate as you walk, but if you stop and start (who doesn't?), your skirt flips up and down like a dishrag in the wind.

In the "old" days, they only solution was simply not to sit if you wear a skirt.  I hated that, because I always wear a skirt, and I don;t like standing around while everyone else is sitting.  Today, of course, wr have rigged mesh skirts that follow your body as it bends, so we sit nicely.  Finally.  The quality of mesh skirts is still spotty, but at least we're on the right road.  So, forget about the skirt-flipping script.  Go buy a mesh skirt.

• Like 4

2 answers to this question

Don't bother.  It's an abomination.  There have been several unsuccessful versions over the years, and they all fail in the same disastrous ways:

1. They rotate your skirt UP in front and DOWN in back so that you end up with an unsightly butt crack.

2. The activate when you sit on anything ... a pose ball, a dance machine, a chimera .... so your skirt flips up at very awkward times.

3.  They activate as you walk, but if you stop and start (who doesn't?), your skirt flips up and down like a dishrag in the wind.

In the "old" days, they only solution was simply not to sit if you wear a skirt.  I hated that, because I always wear a skirt, and I don;t like standing around while everyone else is sitting.  Today, of course, wr have rigged mesh skirts that follow your body as it bends, so we sit nicely.  Finally.  The quality of mesh skirts is still spotty, but at least we're on the right road.  So, forget about the skirt-flipping script.  Go buy a mesh skirt.

• Like 4

Wow - that's been the bane of clothing designers for ever . I've seen skirts with 2 skirts supplied , One that flows and one that sits pretty. Never in the same attachment :(

I think using rigged mesh skirts you can now attempt to make a natural flexing skirt.

I'm sure others will respond.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3632 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.