If I get 36,864 sqm of land, do I have to pay like if I had 65,536sqm ?

Bethesa Hancroft

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4079 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

3 answers to this question

"Pay" means two things.  First, there's the purchase price for the land itself.  That's set by the landowner, usually on the basis on the parcel's size but possibly also on the basis of whether it's waterfront property or has some other special attraction.  Purchase price could be all over the map.  Then there's the matter of land use fees, which is like your property tax bill or your condomunium fee in RL.  You pay that purely on the basis of which tier your land falls in.   Tier is comparable to a tax bracket.  Every piece of property that falls in the same tier pays the same land use fees, regardless of whether it is just barely large enough to be in the tier or just a few sq m short of the next one.

Cost Sq. Meters Amount of Land
USD 195.00/ month 65,536 Entire Region
USD 125.00/ month 32,768 1/2 Region
USD 75.00/ month 16,384 1/4 Region
USD 40.00/ month 8,192 1/8 Region
USD 25.00/ month 4,096 1/16 Region
USD 15.00/ month 2,048 1/32 Region
USD 8.00/ month 1,024 1/64 Region
USD 5.00/ month 512 1/128 Region
USD 0.00/ month 0 0/128 Region

Your property, at 36,864 sq m, is above the limit for the 1/2 region tier, so you pay the monthly land fees for a full sim.  If I were you, I'd buy the rest of the land and rent it out again to recover some of that last $70 you are paying.
  • Like 4

Your land is over the 1/2 region tier level, and that bumps you up to the full region level, unfortunately.

You can deal with part of the problem by deeding the land to a group, and donating tier to cover it.  (Don't use just any group.  Create your own, and create an alt to join the group and hold it open.)  Groups can own 10% more land than an individual for the same tier level.

That would give you an upper limit of 32,768 x 1.1 = 36,044 sq m.  At 36, 864 you are still a hair over the tier level.

Abandon or sell off at least 820 square meters.

Alternatively, you could buy MORE land, up to 65,536 sq m, without increasing your tier payment.  You could then rent out this land to help cover your costs.  However, getting into land rentals is a big project, and an ongoing responsibility that you may not want.

Yet a third solution is to rent your spare tier to someone else.  In this case, you join that person's group, and donate your extra tier to that group, in return for a weekly or monthly payment.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4079 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.