How do I remove grass and plants from my land that I created using the build tool?

VauhnHelfer

Question

I tried to test out the build tool on my beach. I created some grass and plants that I want removed. I have no idea how to remove them, some are across my property lines also. I tried to highlight transparent but it has no effect on this grass and these plants.

(update)Thanks everyone for your response. I had to redo my whole property in order to remove that grass & weeds. I had to remove all of my objects and subdivide my land into seperate parcels. Then I returned all of the grass and weeds. It worked well. They are all gone. Unfortunately it created quite a bit of work for me, since I also had a skybox on the property and some invisible objects. I rejoined the subdivided land and now I am back to normal. But I will never try using the building tools to create linden grass & trees again, unless they update it with grass & trees which can be easily deleted.

(Update) Amazing, I just zoomed in on one of the grass textures and was able to delete it. I am logged in with the SL viewer instead of firestorm. Not sure if that had anything to do with it.

8 answers to this question

VauhnHelfer wrote:

(update)Thanks everyone for your response. I had to redo my whole property in order to remove that grass & weeds. I had to remove all of my objects and subdivide my land into seperate parcels. Then I returned all of the grass and weeds. It worked well. They are all gone. Unfortunately it created quite a bit of work for me, since I also had a skybox on the property and some invisible objects. I rejoined the subdivided land and now I am back to normal. But I will never try using the building tools to create linden grass & trees again, unless they update it with grass & trees which can be easily deleted.

Wow!  That's a lot of work.  It shouldn't have taken all that effort.  Linden plants are a bear to pick up, but you should have been able to either drag a selection box around them or just open your edit tool first (CTRL+3) before trying to select them.  I'm truly impressed that you had the patience to do all of that for a bunch of butt-ugly bushes.

• Like 1

I don't have any OWNED land at the moment to test on but don't they show up in an area search?  If so you should be able to delete or return (to yourself) from that menu.   I had forgotten how hard those were to deal with (the grass especially).