Unable to create item '' that has caused problems on this region".

candella1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 325 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

4 hours ago, rasterscan said:

REASON:
"It turned out to be a script running wild and eating all the region's memory   .......   every 3 days it would return.    In the end I discovered the culprit in a forgotten Landscaping machine I had left running....."

Handy thread this. Hope they fix it or at worst next region restart should fix right ?

The region restart would fix the memory, however you would see the same thing happen as the landscaper prim kept changing the land and chewing it up again.

In the case of landscaping (also happens if you subdivide) the memory can be watched on the Ctrl-Alt-1 screen under simulator physics. (one guesses the navmesh is being refreshed)

01cfd7ff3ba9822fc5d0c6e8540a1fb1.png.687e7d6fc6fd65905ce46fd386d45e88.png

If that Memory Allocated has grown too much from normal then something could be messing with the terrain. It's a good idea to look at the normal for your sim so you know. My figure of 35.3 likely won't be the same in a mainland region.

If it's a private region your estate managers can reboot, if it's mainland you can request a reboot from the Lab on a help ticket, or in livechat. All mainland is also rebooted every two weeks, in a Tuesday, I believe.

Edited by Callum Meriman
  • Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Also got this problem today. I have lots of scripted items on me, so my avatars just stopped working.  Any Av I wear just dont appear(shows complexity 0).
Furniture also stopped working completely. Any attempts to click on menu cause a spam of this messages.

However tp to other region fixes all troubles.

And there is a huge landscape terraforming currently in the region i live.

2 hours ago, LynxHopps said:

Also got this problem today. I have lots of scripted items on me, so my avatars just stopped working.  Any Av I wear just dont appear(shows complexity 0).
Furniture also stopped working completely. Any attempts to click on menu cause a spam of this messages.

However tp to other region fixes all troubles.

And there is a huge landscape terraforming currently in the region i live.

Ask your landlord to restart the region and see if that fixes it.  Try rebuilding your avi from a starter avi adding one item at a time and any furniture not working, try resetting the scripts or rez a new copy 

• 11 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...

May 11th, 2020 Still happening...

I don't know which of the possible answers are correct, but where I am now has had to do multiple restarts.

I do have temp rez objects. and I have done a lot of terraforming and parcel dividing trying to get my land setup the way I want...2 new neighbors have also moved in around this time...It may be because we are all 'setting up'...terraforming and rezzing a lot of items and many of them scripted...Like I said I don't know, but this is what has occured for me. I now have to message the landlord for a restart the 2nd time in a week ugh...Also, like others mentioned My mesh body and attachments all detached to nothing but my dot and name showing. The other day when this happened a restart did fix it, but just a couple days later and it needs it yet again sigh...

• 4 weeks later...

Unable to create item that has caused problems on this region. WHY AM I GETTING THIS MESSAGE.  I own the land; everyone who has permissions on the land gets it? It just all of a sudden starting happening today.  The land is grouped-owned.  PLEASE, I run a business and in the process of designing the region. It is on the Mainland if that helps and again, I OWN IT.

I had this awhile back, it'd pop-up from time to time.  In my case it was on a homestead that I owned, I was the only resident, it had my store & had been there for about 6 years.  It turned-out to be caused by some vending machines of mine that would rez temp demos on display for customers to view & test ride.  I never did find the exact causation, but every once in awhile one of the demos would get wonky, stuck or something.  I'd get a similar message when I logged-on, but mine would actually state the object (temp rezzed demo) causing the malfunction, due to the name of the demo being in the rez script configuration. Shutting down & restarting the vending machine that rezzed that particular demo solved it.  

So, you might look into anything you have that will rez temp objects & maybe reset the scripts if you have mod permissions.  Some might have the ability to turn on/off the temp objects & that might reset it.  Or, try rezzing another one & deleting the offending one.  Not sure if it'll work, but it's some simple things to try.  Good luck.  

7 hours ago, Tsah said:

Unable to create item that has caused problems on this region. WHY AM I GETTING THIS MESSAGE.  I own the land; everyone who has permissions on the land gets it? It just all of a sudden starting happening today.  The land is grouped-owned.  PLEASE, I run a business and in the process of designing the region. It is on the Mainland if that helps and again, I OWN IT.

Sadly, this can occur even if your scripted rezzed objects are not the ones actually causing stress in the region.

Once a region's Physics Memory Allocated(as seen in stats via ctrl-shift-1) value either reaches a specific value or increases by a specific value in a specific time frame, the server will start blocking any & all scripted rezzed assets, labeling them as "caused problems on this region".

These assets will be blocked from rezzing until the region is reset or the asset replaced with a new asset.

• 4 weeks later...

Yup, still happening. I don't own the region, I rent. Same as others reported, no avatar at all with my dinkie or a mesh, partial when I tried to wear an old one. I was able to fully rez on a neighboring region. There's nobody here - region is still under development - so I don't know if "everyone" is having this problem or not.

Everything else appears to be behaving normally - scripted items like seasonal trees, doors, and my two Teeglepet equines are all just fine and behaving normally. Passed on this thread to my landlord.

Is there any way to determine which item is the issue? I dont' think it's any of mine, but I did note my rent box is reporting less prims than my last login, but I can't tell what - if anything - is missing.

• Vix Linden changed the title to Unable to create item '' that has caused problems on this region".
  • 4 months later...

The problem continues. My home region has been giving me the same message all morning. When I logged in it refused to attach ANYTHING from my inventory so I was just the shape and skin I last wore. I could rev nothing from inventory, though I could use Build to create shapes. My guess is that the script errors others reported had to do with scripted attachments not being allowed.

It's annoying that the only 'solution' anyone's come up with in SEVEN YEARS is a region reboot.

8 hours ago, For MacMoragh said:

It's annoying that the only 'solution' anyone's come up with in SEVEN YEARS is a region reboot.

It helps to limit/block terraforming by agent or script, optimize all objects in the region if pathfinding characters are present or if not using them at all, disable pathfinding and lastly, limit rezzing that would allow physics spam or limit the amount of physics already rezzed in the region, including any excessive amounts of keyframe motion and volume detect objects. The latter is important to limit collisions handling with agents, other physical objects and the ground. Also, use Convex Hull or None for object/link physics shape instead of Prim as well as set objects to Phantom where possible.

Edited by Lucia Nightfire
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...

2022 still the same error message. There has been some terraforming done in the region lately, so maybe that is the cause. I have to go to another region to attach the mesh body and clothes and then return home to my parcel on the mainland. Strange ....

SimError_1.jpg

OK, so I don't have enough knowledge to pinpoint the reasons for this problem, but as I said earlier, the problem was propably caused by terraforming and building activity in the region. As you can see from the dump in the previous post, yhe allocated memory was 934.8 MB. I asked for a restart of the region, and after restart the memory allocated was down to 90,7MB and eveything is working as it should.

PROBLEM SOLVED!!

SimError_2.jpg

• Like 3

• 2 months later...

June 2022 - The bug still present!!!

We finished terraforming and building 2 weeks ago and still get that bug daily, so are not, or are not only, terrforming and buildings that cause it, and are not problem solved.

What amaze me is that the only answer LL provided is old of 9 years saying "Our engineers are working to correct this", i work in the IT sector from seeral years, never seen a bug that needed 9 year to be solved, unless, of course, the "engineers" was busy on other topics!

And it's at least disappointing that as lower solution we are not provided of a way to monitor the bug to understand what is causing it but get as only answer "Restart the land", if it's to be done once or twice can even work, but having to restart the land daily in the last two weeks it is becoming annoying, i would expect something more from a software house with ten of thausand users.

At the end my dear "engineers" you have to take in mind that we pay the lands and the Land Owners pay you, so we expect something more than "Restart the land", we claim, after 9 years, a final solution for this bug!

8 hours ago, bigmoe Whitfield said:

item's and scripts that are black listed server side also say this too. 

Truly blacklisted items and not "IP replacements" should return a script error that contains the word "blacklisted".

IIRC, it is simply "Item blacklisted."

I have not seen this script error in years, though.

2 hours ago, Lucia Nightfire said:

Truly blacklisted items and not "IP replacements" should return a script error that contains the word "blacklisted".

IIRC, it is simply "Item blacklisted."

I have not seen this script error in years, though.

when I get a chance I'll rez my texture organizer in a sim I frequent and capture my screen for you.  for the blacklisted item.

• 6 months later...

2022 Dec, yes I know it is "late reply" , however, this problem still exists today.

I got the same error messages.

Most of what I was wearing did not rez, I had only underwear. The ctrl-shift-1 stats tool showed max bandwidth occupation, totally red.

I was at my own parcel. Then I tp'd to a sandbox, and got the same errors. The ctrl-shift-1 stats tool showed max bandwidth occupation, totally red, the same peaks.

So it could not be the region. It was clearly my own avatar with attachments. So I stripped myself completely, still in the sandbox, all clothes, huds, scripts etc everything. Then I began wearing, one by one, all what I was wearing originally.

Then I logged off and logged in the same sandbox. No errors any more. The stats showed no peak. Then I logged off and in my own parcel. No errors anymore. The stats showed no peak.

Problem completely solved!

Edited by startrekenterprise
  • Like 1

• 5 months later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 325 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.