Unable to create item '' that has caused problems on this region".

candella1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 305 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello!

When i log  in SL i imediatelly take  a script warning/error with this message:

Unable to create item '' that has caused problems on this region".

Then when i try to to drag any object from my inventory to the land i take again the message "Unable to create item '' that has caused problems on this region"."

Please help me if you have any idea because i have done a lotof work with my objects for my thesis in university and now i cannot use anything.....  :matte-motes-frown:

No, i don't own thin land..This is happening in Sandbox Island

" http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Sandbox%20Island%202%20(TG)/73/44/27"

Actually i tried with another avatar that i also have but i take the same message... I don't know if this has any relation but i want to refer also that today  from the moment that this problem started my avatar's hair are not loaded while the rest of the appearance is ok...

This is a very strange error, and I've encountered it a few times for no apparent reason.

Go to a sandbox [EDIT: a different sandbox from where the problem arose] or some other region and rez the item from inventory. I bet it will work fine. Assuming the object is copiable, that rezzing will produce a new object that you can take back into inventory and rez it again on the original region.

It's a very unhelpful error message, giving no hints as to what about the object was responsible for offending the region's delicate sensibilities.

thanks both of you!i tried to use an other sanbox (Public sandbox) and i managed to use my objects there...however i agree that this message is really very strange and i cannot understand what is going wrong there...i was using this sandbox until some days ago with no problem....

When you get that message, it usually means that you are wearing some scripted attachment that wants to rez something nearby but cannot -- often because you do not have permission to rez things there. The message will also appear sometimes if you try to rez Linden plants where they are restricted.  It's hard to guess what the object might be ( a follower of some kind? a vehicle that is supposed to rez as you log in?), but as Qie says, the way to beat it is to log in at a sandbox where you are allowed to rez stuff.  Then find whatever attachment is the rezzer (probably a HUD) and delete or disable it.

I suspect the error is a bit of a catch-all, but I just checked and indeed the objects that generated that error for me were rezzing as temp. At one point, they rezzed as permanent and then set themselves temp, but now I remember changing that to fail more gracefully when encountering a different bug (not being able to find inventory in the rezzer) that appears occasionally after sims are restarted.

The "caused problems on this region" bug has happened to me four or five times in the past six months or so, and always on the same sim (Bay City - Dennis) even though I do the exact same thing on about a dozen sims.

It appears the server creates a by name "black list" of objects it has problem rezzing so if there are several temp objects named the same and one fails to rez it doesn't even bother trying to rez the rest because this name is on the black list. Perhaps it always been this way but in the latest server upgrades there appears some kind of a timing glitch when rezzing temp objects while server is still in the process of restart. So one fails to rez and is put on the black list and the bunch of other with the same name are not even rezzed but give a rez error msg right from the list check.

I do think it's related to timing during restart, but I don't think it's quite by name. In my case, I have three scripted objects in the same sim rezzing identical things with the same name. When the error has appeared, it's affected one or (once) two of the rezzers, never all three. When I pull a copy of one of the failing objects from the rezzer into inventory and try to rez it in the same sim, it fails with the same error. If I take the copy to a different sim it rezzes fine, and if I then take it back into inventory, go back to the affected sim, and use that copy to replace the one in contents of the failing rezzer, it works again.

• 5 months later...

This is what TJ LInden replied:

This is a known issue our developers are working on (BUG-772), and is caused by the region's physics memory becoming full. You can view the physics memory usage by going to the Statistics window (Ctrl-Shift-1) and opening Physics Details (it is shown as Memory Allocated). If this value reaches about 920 MB for a full region or 230 MB for a homestead or openspace region, the physics engine will no longer be able to calculate boundaries properly, and no objects will be rezzed. Our engineers are working to correct this; in the meantime, if the physics memory starts approaching these values, restart the region to clear it and the region should work normally.

• Like 3

Unable to create item '' that has caused problems on this region
Too many errors... dropping further messages until the flood stops

im hsving the exact same problem as soon as i log in and on other avatarsa as well.  i tped off the sim to pick  up something from a store came back and that what now greets me on all arrivals and logins and on different avatars. a sim reset fixes it till next time i log in

• 4 months later...

I'm getting this message when I try to rez anything from my inventory on land where I've rezzed a tip jar every Saturday for the last six years.

I don't have any scripted items on me, and the item in question I want to rez is the same tip jar I've used for the last five years with no issue.

I did try going somewhere else to rez the tip jar (my own land) and it rezzed fine.  I picked it up and tried again at the other parcel, and still get the message.

• 1 year later...

I get the same message except i cant rez anything from my inventory or even wear any atachments  i will still get the same message . at first if i left my homestead and went to my building platform ( in a different sim ) and come back .. i would get the message and it remove everything from me thats attached .. I fixed that problem by picking up the rezer planks and deleting all the treese i had no idea had script i them .. but im still getting the message . Some please help .. i cant get ahold of the land  the people im renting frum  grrrr 

I remember this ancient thread and remember wondering at the time why it was in the LSL Scripting forum.  This isn't a scripting problem.  I think Ela and Qie diagnosed it pretty well at the time.  For whatever reason, the servers will label an occasional item as a troublemaker and refuse to let it rez.  It may be an attachment that is trying to temp-rez something else where you don't have permission or trying to rez a type of object (like a Linden plant) that you are not allowed to rez on that  parcel, or something that lies partially on someone else's land. It may be a server issue, in which case resetting the region might clear it up. Usually, though, the only thing you can do it try to find the rezzer and tell it to stop trying.  You can use beacons or Pathfinding >>> Linksets or your land tools to help.

• 4 weeks later...

Some additional info on this issue ...

I'm 99% sure this has nothing to do with object names, or rezzers. This is a physics issue. Look back at the message posted above by Chavi Skomoroklov quoting TJ Linden. My observations line up perfectly with that explanation.

I've had my same homestead for a couple years, and I've never had this issue before. Yesterday I decided to give it a makeover, including a ton of terraforming, and rezzing a lot of new mesh objects, many of which are walkable, and have physics properties. At some moment, I noticed that if I rezzed a new cube using the build dialog, the cube had no physics - I could walk right through it. If I rezzed an object from inventory, it did have physics. I logged on an alt at the same time and confirmed that neither account could create objects with physics. So I restarted the region, and when it came back, objects I had previously rezzed and could walk/fall right through now behaved correctly. This lines up with what TJ was quoted as saying about the physics memory being cleared on region restart.

Today I logged on a different alt, and got these errors again, as it tried to attach my mesh avatar shape. I'm certain it's the mesh av that triggered the error because trying specifically to attach it showed the error again. The avatar part names do not exist on any other of my accounts, so there was no "stuck" name involved.

That's when I Googled this error, found this thread, and read what TJ was quoted as saying. And sure enough, he said a homestead over about 230MB of physics memory would have this problem, and mine shows 247.5MB in use. And once again if I create a new prim, I can walk right through it.

I don't know if this was ever addressed, or has regressed, but it's here now.

Second Life Server 15.09.21.305305

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

This is not an accurate answer, in fact it is completely incorrect.  I have been receiving it frequently in the last week on a sim I own, and it happens after I have been building a while.  It refuses to rez items from my inventory and other people have experienced it refusing to load their mesh clothing also.  Once the region is restarted we can rez things again.  Your answer is actually not correct.

No, all you've done is add yet another less common reason. A region's servers need to be rebooted from time to time, just as your own computer, router, and modem need to. Linden Lab routinely restarts all region servers during rolling restarts that are scheduled every week or two, for that reason.  On a very busy region, or one in which residents have been doing a lot of building and terraforming, the servers may need to be rebooted more frequently. If they aren't, you'll find that they occasionally have a hard time locating and moving objects.  So you ask the region's owner to restart the region.

If you look at my last post above, you'll see that I did acknowledge this as a possibility.  I said, "It may be a server issue, in which case resetting the region might clear it up." That's not typically a problem on most regions, since things don't usually change much between rolling restarts, so it's more common to get that error message about items that "have caused problems on this region" for the reason that we described earlier in this thread. 

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Funny how LL say its a bug where they work on in 2013....now it is 2017 and i still experience this issue with temp items on my parcel.

[04:52] Unable to create item '~JD~ MTF Mouse' that has caused problems on this region

I think they have no idea what to do with this issue....very sad coz nothing helps, except removing the object that sends out this error, which is EVERY temp rezzing object! >:(

Knipsel.PNG

It's not "EVERY temp rezzing object" though, although I don't think anybody knows what triggers the race condition that sets the sim to disfavor an object. I mean, I have scripts scattered numerous places around the old Mainland, lazily temp-rezzing traffic probes, and they work for years, rezzing many thousands of objects without incident, until something throws a sprocket (always just after a restart) and I have to trick the sim (see above) into realizing the object "that has caused problems" isn't so bad after all.

This isn't the only crazily intermittent bug that seems to crop up every few thousand sim restarts, though, so... guess we'll not see a fix any time soon, unless a happy accidental result of some other change.

• 9 months later...
On 3/30/2018 at 9:03 PM, Markiz Sorbet said:

2018 Here and this problem still exists.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

I had it on my land.  It turned out to be a script running wild and eating all the region's memory.  I kept getting LL to reboot the region, but every 3 days it would return.    In the end I discovered the culprit in a forgotten Landscaping machine I had left running.....

LL say that they are working on a more permanent fix.

• 5 weeks later...

[07:28] Unable to create item '' that has caused problems on this region
[07:28] Too many errors... dropping further messages until the flood stops

Happened today!!!

• 1 month later...

may 2018 - happened to us today on our bit of mainland. ....We too have been doing some serious terraforming, during which we lost a land leveller. 

PROBLEM - "Unable to create item that has caused problems on this region."    ( when rezzing anything at all or evening trying to wear a HUD)

REASON:
"It turned out to be a script running wild and eating all the region's memory   .......   every 3 days it would return.    In the end I discovered the culprit in a forgotten Landscaping machine I had left running....."

Handy thread this. Hope they fix it or at worst next region restart should fix right ?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 305 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.