Sign in to follow this  
Lilly Lalonde

My Landlord won't help me access my land???

I rent a plot of land, I have been renting from the same person for more than 3 years. I have never had a problem before with him or service. But I haven't been able to access the sim since 2-14-2012. I have Im'd him when he was on-line, sent him and his business partner notecards when they were off-line. I even went to the land office and paged him when he was on-line. I will admit I was a day late with my tier payment this month but that has never been an issue before. But it isn't just my plot that is in accessible its the entire sim. I don't know what to do. At this point I just want my stuff back. Has anyone had this experiance before???

Dear Lilly,

I've had worse experiences where he wanted the tier just as he logged on the day of payment. As I am from EU country, I have to withdraw my lindens from DXEXCHANGE, a external linden supplier that accepts my local payment methods. This only takes some more time (2/3) hours. This would ofcourse all have taken place within the payment day.

The sim owner however didn't bother to be patient and just reclaimed the land and banned me. I still await Linden help to this day, but issues like this are hard to solve and have low priority.

There are probably some legal steps you can take that I'm not aware off, but I suggest you try and see if any of the sim owners friends have a clue of what is going on. Even if it's just to see if the problem is related to you (at all). He may as well have pulled the plug or have had other problems such as tech issues.

I hope this calmed the storm,

Stef.

You say, "I haven't been able to access the sim since 2-14-2012."   I assume that's a typo for 2013.

Is the sim not accessable to you, or is not accessable at all?

It's not clear to me, from what you write, whether the landlord has banned you from the sim or whether the sim has -- for whatever reason -- become inaccessable to everyone.     What sort of message do you get when you try to tp there?

If the region is offline to everyone, I would suggest opening a support ticket under the category Land & Region > Report an Offline Region. 

Otherwise, if the sim is online but the landlord won't let you access your stuff,  I guess Land & Region Land/Parcel issues is the one to use.

In either case, if you are a Premium member, then Live Chat may be able to help.

In my experience, LL are normally quite helpful when you need to retrieve things from a sim that has suddenly, for whatever reason, become inaccessable. 

ETA If you are banned, how about creating an alt who can go in and return all your items to you?  I guess that might depend on the land group settings, though.

Yes that was supposed to be 2-14 2013. As far as I can tell it is inaccessible to everyone. When I open the map for the sim it just keeps saying loading. When I try to TP to it it says it is unavailable or the landmark no longer exists. I wasn't sure if LL could help since I only rent the space and I am not the actual sim owner.  I do have an Alt already I wasn't even thinking about using for that but I certainly will try that and see if I can access it that way. Thanks for your ideas :-) 

When I open the map for the sim it just keeps saying loading. 

That doesn't sound good. Have you asked a friend to try it? (Or, if you don't mind sharing the sim name, somebody here could try it.)

It would be nice (?) if it turns out to be something specific to your connection. Otherwise, I'm thinking you may need LL's help to retrieve your stuff from a sim that's been removed from the grid, following the Support path Innula suggested.

I did try my alt and I cant even look up the sim on the map. Its Crystal Isles if some one want to try looking it up. I will try going thru LL for help. 

Because my landlord certianly hasnt been any :matte-motes-angry:

Oh dear.  According to Tyche Shepherd's Second Life Grid Survey Report  (which is reliable), Crystal Isles was removed from the grid yesterday.   

So, what I think you should do, as a matter of urgency, is contact LL, if possible via Live Chat.   It might even be worth taking out Premium membership for a month just in order to do this.  As far as I know, LL don't normally delete the content immediately from regions that have been removed or otherwise made inaccessable  (I'm speculating here, but I think the owner hasn't paid the tier), so it might still be possible to retrieve your stuff with LL's assistance.

But speed is of the essence here.

Having had this experience I can tell you that LL will bring a sim back for 24 hours so that the residents can retrieve any no copy items there.  You need to contact support to arrange this.  

As far as any tier paid in advance, you probably won't be getting that back.  LL will not refund it.  It is considered a resident to resident dispute and LL does not get involved.  You can however send a message to the landlord demanding the refund to try to get a refund. 

It's not your connection: I too can't get that sim on the Map. (It just says "Not found" for me, though, not "loading".)

According to its page on gridsurvey, it's offline... and looking at the stored region maps at the bottom of the page, a lot of that region's terrain got wiped between the 13th and 15th.

(I don't know if this is the same Estate as a couple other "Isles" sims in a grouping that went offline the previous week, according to the gridsurvey report on SLU.)

So yeah, I think you're going to need the Lab's help to get your stuff.

You don't need to be premium to ask LL to turn the SIM back on so you can get your things. I had to do that a few months ago, and it was back on within minutes with an email stating that it would be on until the next morning. I was able to go to the SIM and collect my things. All I did was file a ticket. Try that and see if they will turn it back on for you. HTH.

thanks everyone for all your help. I sent a support ticket and spoke with live chat I'm just waiting for them to let me know when I can get back in to get my stuff. And for the record in case you ever want to to rent from someone never never never rent for Josua Sao that is the ass I was renting from.  I am so furious over this!!!!

Lilly Lalonde wrote:

thanks everyone for all your help. I sent a support ticket and spoke with live chat I'm just waiting for them to let me know when I can get back in to get my stuff. And for the record in case you ever want to to rent from someone never never never rent for
Josua Sao
that is the ass I was renting from.  I am so furious over this!!!!

You might want to remove the  name. It's a no-no here in the forums. :-)

The Sim is currently up, noting in the parcel description of the landing point: "Please remove your items".

However, shutting down a sim without warning, that's daft.
One of the reasons, why I'm reluctant to buy 'No-Copy'-items.
And the main reason, why I'm staying on the mainland.

wait a second..you say you were *screwed over* by your landlord..but werent you late in paying your tier? I dont see that your landlord has done anything wrong...I assume you may still be in the rental group..if so you might like to check the recent notices.

Your landlord might have send out a notice that you missed, stating that the sim would be closing. (when I closed a rental sim, I sent out FIVE notices with info about the closure a month beforehand and yet still people said they didnt know)  If he didnt give you any info...then you really still have no reason still to say he screwed you over..pay your tier on time..or this may happen again elsewhere.

Why should your landlord not receive his cash when its due? LL gives no leeway on sim tier payments...he has bills to pay.

Faithless Babii wrote:

Why should your landlord not receive his cash when its due? LL gives no leeway on sim tier payments...he has bills to pay.

If I correctly understand the chronology, the landlord accepted payment a matter of days before the sim was to close.  I'm assuming that the landlord -- like LL -- wanted payment in advance for the tier.   That being the case, it looks as if the landlord took the final payment for services -- use of the rental plot -- he knew he would not be able to provide.   

Innula Zenovka wrote:

Faithless Babii wrote:

If I correctly understand the chronology, the landlord accepted payment a matter of days before the sim was to close.  I'm assuming that the landlord -- like LL -- wanted payment in advance for the tier.   That being the case, it looks as if the landlord took the final payment for services -- use of the rental plot -- he knew he would not be able to provide.   

hmmm I didnt read the original post that way...the op said *I admit I was a day late"...it didnt say shed paid it...perhaps I misunderstood?

Id still urge the op to read the latest group notices and see if any information was issued before the sim closed. I locked all my rent boxes so people couldnt pay, he might not have done this and its an error, but then I always tend to see the good in people not the glaringly obvious bad lol

yes I did pay my tier late and admitedly had done so in the past. there was a 48 hour grace period in the covenant. there was no land group to belong to this person owns many sims and rents out lots of parcels. The sim was returned to LL and closed with out any notice from the landlord even with repeated attempts at contact on-line and by notecard. I paid him the 14th it was due the 13th and as of the 15th the sim was listed as closed. So he got my 6700L and I got nothing in return.