Need help fixing parts

nyanyanman

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4081 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Sorry for the newbish question, but I have the Cyber Arachnid base from Seneasy Cybernetics, and they best way I can describe it now is 'broken' since it uses invisible prims to make the effect.

Unfortunately, the person who made it seems to be unable to be contacted, and their store and products aren't updated in any way.

So, I was hoping someone who had fixed the issue coudl tell me how thye did so, since I would like to be able to use the base again and have it be believable.

Hi there.

I would like to do an attempt at solving your issue there, but the description was rather mere.

If you are trying to say that the prims that used to have effect (smoke, explosion etc) are now invisible, and the creator dissapearing would strongly suggest he was acclaimed for DMCA.

This means he has used stolen or copied material to make his builds, he is (if so) banned and assets proven to be copyrighted and stolen will be removed along from the grid. This would explain why the script can no longer load the texture UUID.

My apologies to the creator if this is not the case. I'm just going by the suggestive thread.

A screen shot would be nice, but I will guess that a spider avatar is all prims and hides all of the base avatar. If this is so, then look in the Library part of your inventory for an alpha wearable called Invisible Avatar. Add that to your outfit and there is a good chance this will fix it without more trouble.

If you are less lucky, you might need a customized alpha wearable.

You can use an alpha layer instead of invisiprims to achieve the same effect. If the invisiprims are separate, not linked to other pieces, you can simply not wear them, and wear the alpha instead. If the invisiprims ARE linked to other pieces of the avatar, you'll have to see if the pieces are mod. If they are, you can drop the pieces, edit them, edit linked parts, unlink the invisiprims, and delete them.

If, however, the avatar is no-mod and the invisprims are built in, things get much trickier. I don't think there is a way to get rid of invisiprims that are linked to the rest of the outfit, so you'll have to hope the creator gets back to you, or give up and find a different avatar. But perhaps someone else has more expertise.

By the way, I'm assuming that it's not working because of the invisiprims. You CAN wear invisiprims and alpha layers together, if you want to, but I'm not sure if that would help you if the invisiprims themselves and how they appear is the problem.

Stefanosje Sellers wrote:

Hi there.

I would like to do an attempt at solving your issue there, but the description was rather mere.

If you are trying to say that the prims that used to have effect (smoke, explosion etc) are now invisible, and the creator dissapearing would strongly suggest he was acclaimed for DMCA.

This means he has used stolen or copied material to make his builds, he is (if so) banned and assets proven to be copyrighted and stolen will be removed along from the grid. This would explain why the script can no longer load the texture UUID.

My apologies to the creator if this is not the case. I'm just going by the suggestive thread.

ease down on the accusations, dude.

he said the invisiprims are broken.. which is true since LL changed things.there could be hundred s of reasons they havent updated their store. a DMCA violation is the last one i would think of.

just wear and alpha layer and all will be fine.

Sorry for the poor description. The part is a base that has invisibility prims that get added seperately that hide the waist, legs, feet, and allow the body from the base of the ribcage up to remain visible.

When I say the store has not been updated, I meant both the marketplace store and the in game store, which is still around.

My worry is that it will need a custom mask, because of the extreme manipulations to the avatar required to make it look like a full size torso and head is on a small platform.

The before image of it working on Flickr.

And the current picture showing how it now looks.

Hi, I post a link to an alpha mask tutorial here:

http://sasypants.com/2011/08/25/alpha-tutorial/

If you or a friend have PS, you should be able to make a custom layer. The tutorial concentrates on an alpha mask for the torso, but it's very easy to make the whole lower body invisible. As soon as you get the Upper part  made, you wear that alpha layer inworld, and go into Appearance and edit clothing. Select the alpha layer and then edit. Open your inventory and search for "Transparent". All have a transparent texture in their Library. Drag that to texture to the box named Lower Alpha. The Lower alpha part is your body down from the belly button. You can see my post here, that show a screenshot of me while editing an Alpha layer. http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Your-Avatar/Wearing-2-or-more-alpha-layers/m-p/1883979/highlight/true#M29101

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4081 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.