how do i give feedback to second life?

Attica Bekkers

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4080 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Attica Bekkers wrote:

Porky no I dont think  its worth it.  I know this is going to sound awful but. I dont think we should make heroic efforts to contact the lab. that is the labs job, not ours. I think some kind of suggestion box thread would be a great idea, but if the lab sees it or not is up to them.

You know what..... in the time it took me to me to write my last post I was already annoyed with how much time I had wasted on the issue, as I guess I knew deep down that I was flogging a dead horse that had already decomposed long ago..

I have been having a real optimistic day today and I guess this has bled over into my forum posts.... and we all know this is no place for optimism! So I withdraw my previous idea and apologise profusely to all for my uncharacteristic enthusism with regards to LL.

Normal service shall resume shortly. :matte-motes-big-grin:

Porky Gorky wrote:

Perrie Juran wrote:

Do you really think we'd say anything that they dont already know?

Seriously

I do.

LL are so detached from the current userbase that they cannot fully appreciate what issues affect people on a day to day basis. Even if they were astute enough to know about every important issue that currently affected their customers (despite the lack of communication options) they still have no way of knowing which issues are most important to the community as a whole, or at least the cross section that use the forums. If they had this knowledge then they could focus and prioritise their time and efforts into facilitating the needs of the users, rather than LL just using their own judgment with little to no feedback from the community. 

This is evidenced by the work CTL has carried out in recent years, i.e.. Focusing on fixes and improvements that merchants care little for and failing to address the core issues that are at the top of most merchants fix wish list. Their current level of communication is woefully inadequate when compared to the dialogue that used to exist between us via the inworld meetings and the roundtable forums and their progress in fixing the issues that matter most to merchants has clearly suffered as a result.

The few user groups that are left in SL do still work and are still active but they are frequented by a very small number of hardcore users and they tend not to address the day to day issues that effect the average SL user, most SL users probably don't even know the user groups exist.

Lets assume you are right, and we cannot tell LL anything they don't already know. What we can hope for is some sort of response from them regarding the issues that are most important to the majority of people. An acknowledgement from them that they hear what we are saying and a plan of action to address a few of the o/s issues that matter most to people is important in building and restoring customer confidence in a platform that many people invest real money in, hundreds, sometimes thousands of USD. I think it is the least that LL can do in return for our continued custom. 

Also, as my idea is for a feedback thread, there is room for positive feedback too. We have a chance to tell LL what they are doing right and what we want to see more of.  More positive feedback can only be a good thing from LL's perspective and it could ultimately benefit us too.

So I understand your skepticism, I am skeptical too which is why I asked you guys if you thought it was a waste of time. But it seems like we have been sat around on our backsides for far too long doing nothing and just accepting this bum deal. My thinking is that a bit of proactive action on our part may inspire some proactive communication on LL's part and that if enough people shout loud enough it might inspire them to reply.

I'm well aware of the problems with CTL.

We are also left with the distinct impression that the Majority of Lindens never get In World.

Publicity might finally motivate them to act.

But I still think they do know what the majority of the problems are.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4080 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.