Avatar will not move then disconnect?

MaidTea

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4081 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I recently started play Second Life again. For some reason I am having a problem where my avatar will freeze in place and not move. It does not occur right away, but it is really bothersome. After about 2 minutes I will disconnect from Second Life. I would really appreciate if someone can help me.

1 answer to this question

I assume your use of the term "disconnect" was carefully chosen.  You do not get an error message, right?  If that's the case, it's not something in Second Life that's the problem.  Your computer or your connection to the Internet are acting up.  The scariest possibility is that your graphics card is overheating.  When that happens, your machine's self-defense is to drop the connection to reduce the load.  If you keep on connecting and overheating the card, it will eventually burn out and you will have a major bill to pay.

Less scary possibilities include a wonky router that may just need to be rebooted and a hostile wireless environment (which you can avoid by getting off wireless).  See her for other possibilities >>> http://blog.nalates.net/2011/10/26/troubleshoot-your-sl-connection/

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4081 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.