Best Sl Cigarette?

Ricky40

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4083 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

My favorite is the Sheltter, it is very realistic  too and looks great

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/SHELTTER-Cigarette-Zippo/1629568

I love Hermony accesories too

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Hermony-Ultimate-Cigarette-Package/1753477

I like cigarette givers, which i can wear the box or put boxes in the tables at home

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/N326-cigarette-box-cigarette-giver-your-friends-can-smoke-Newport-zigarette-tabacco-smoking/1247036

--||-

When I was looking for a cigar, I ended up going with Nikotin.  They have cigarettes too.  What I liked is that the cigars/cigarettes themselves look good plus the smoke effect is they way I wanted it. It's subtle but noticeable and the particles don't follow the source (i.e., if I move away from where I'm standing, the smoke is left behind).

The only downside I noticed is that when I turn the smoke off with the HUD, I can't get it to come back on.  I noticed this in the demo so when I bought it, I made sure to keep a backup copy of the original (it's, copy, no modify, no transfer).

It does have 11 scripts which seems a bit much, but Firestorm reports:  [11/11] running scripts. 464Kb consumed for 0.008607ms of cpu time.  That doesn't seem too bad but I will remove it in heavily lagged areas.

Hugsy Penguin wrote:

When I was looking for a cigar, I ended up going with
.  They have cigarettes too.  What I liked is that the cigars/cigarettes themselves look good plus the smoke effect is they way I wanted it. It's subtle but noticeable and the particles don't follow the source (i.e., if I move away from where I'm standing, the smoke is left behind).

The only downside I noticed is that when I turn the smoke off with the HUD, I can't get it to come back on.  I noticed this in the demo so when I bought it, I made sure to keep a backup copy of the original (it's, copy, no modify, no transfer).

It does have 11 scripts which seems a bit much, but Firestorm reports:  [11/11] running scripts. 464Kb consumed for 0.008607ms of cpu time.  That doesn't seem too bad but I will remove it in heavily lagged areas.

Nikotin Tabacco? Lol, they should probably proof-read all their material...

If you want to smoke with class, and who doesn't, this is the best thing out there;

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Albion-Vintage-Cigarette-Smoking-Set/907062?id=907062&slug=Albion-Vintage-Cigarette-Smoking-Set

It gives you a wearable cigarette case, great animations make you flip it open, take a cigarette (one actually disappears from the case) and light it with a lighter.

You can even offer the cigarettes to another person, you can throw a cigarette butt on the ground, the cigarettes are actually smoked up, etc, etc.

Looks great (best smoke I've seen in SL) but the animations are the best part.

And you get real cigarettes, none of those wimpy filter ones.

Ricky, I use this https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/PFCCigarette/3165638 The HUD allows you to choose between 4 cigarette types, hand or mouth animation and an animation to take a hit off the cigarette. It also allows you to change the burn time and type of smoke and how you exhale. It's the most realistic I have used. I am not sure about scripts and time limits, but I use it all the time in RP sims and every other place i go and it seems to be fine. As SID said the N326 cigarette giver is nice, you can rez it or wear it for someone to get a cigarette from you. https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/N326-cigarette-box-cigarette-giver-your-friends-can-smoke-camel-zigarette-tabacco-smoki/1839748 

No worries, coffee will be banned in a few years, along with champagne, chocolate, foie gras, red meat, Coca-Cola, pretzels, cupcakes and, well, anything that brings joy to people. Right now, I'm thinking about a juicy T-bone steak sizzling on the grill and a cold beer, apple pie with ice-cream for desert, double-espresso and, of course, a cigarette. Yum. Why go through life eating boiled cabbage and drinking milk when we will all die of something that gets nastier the longer we live? Me, I'd rather have a short, happy life than a long, boring life and die anyway of cancer or Alzheimer or osteoporosis or arthritis or dementia or liver failure or simply falling down the stairs. A cigarette with coffee is one of life's great pleasures. Enjoy it while you can.

Deltango Vale wrote:

No worries, coffee will be banned in a few years, along with champagne, chocolate, foie gras, red meat, Coca-Cola, pretzels, cupcakes and, well, anything that brings joy to people. Right now, I'm thinking about a juicy T-bone steak sizzling on the grill and a cold beer, apple pie with ice-cream for desert, double-espresso and, of course, a cigarette. Yum. Why go through life eating boiled cabbage and drinking milk when we will all die of something that gets nastier the longer we live? Me, I'd rather have a short, happy life than a long, boring life and die anyway of cancer or Alzheimer or osteoporosis or arthritis or dementia or liver failure or simply falling down the stairs. A cigarette with coffee is one of life's great pleasures. Enjoy it while you can.

The thing about smoking, is that it doesn't always kill you, but at least it can give you a new way to live.

btw, do you know how Foie Gras is made? 

It wasn't because of health concerns I stopped smoking.   It was partly because of cost -- cigarettes are expensive in the UK -- and I reasoned that I would better be able to afford to enjoy juicy T-steaks sizzling on the grill if I wasn't spending so much on cigarettes and party, simply, that I got fed up of feeling dependent on them.   I hated worrying, "Do I have enough cigarettes for the evening, or do I need to run out to the convenience store to get some more".

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4083 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.