I recently updated my SL viewer and now copy & paste does not work at all?

PrincessAii

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4087 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I am running windows SL viewer and it recently updated. Ever since I have not been able to paste in chat or in notecards. But I can copy and paste objects in my inventory.

I dont think this is a problem with my computer itself becasue I can copy and paste everywhere else, including other viewers.

Ive tried looking for answers but none of them seemed to help my situation.

ctrl+C & ctrl+V Does not work right click does not work, and going from edit does not work.

I have already tried rebooting my compuer as well.

(This has nothing to do with copying and pasteing logs, just text overall)

Does anyone have any idea what I could try to fix it? Maybe even a link to the previous update?

3 answers to this question

I'm not 100% sure but this may be some plan on LL part to end chat logging, again I say "NOT SURE", But it sounds like a problem with your viewer not allowing you to copy and paste, so it may be some new thing LL is trying with residents.

Welcome to Second Life Answers, PrincessAii

You can, as has been stated in this thread elsewhere, opt to save chatlogs as well as IM logs directly to your hard drive.

However, I'm like you, I use copy and paste often, and sometimes it doesn't seem to work.  Have you just tried rebooting your computer?  I find this usually fixes the issue.  Or if that's inconvenient, open up a separate window outside of SL for Notepad, highlight what you want to copy and right click to see the options (if you've been using the "edit" option from the top of the viewer screen and this isn't working, the right click option will usually work).

If you need to add more information to this thread, please do so by clicking on "options" at the top right hand corner of your original post and "edit".

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4087 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.