Hello, I have created a group and I would like to change the tag/title that appears above the avi

Leontinne

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4083 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

just to explain a bit more...at the moment my tags/title names are just owner or a member i would like to change it to something more appropriate

could someone please help?

I can use Phoenix or V3

thank you Ansariel

the problem is I can see anyway of changing it.

it wont let me click in to it

when I ve created a new role I am not sure how to assign it to myself

3 answers to this question

You need to open the group profile and can then change the titles on the group roles tab. Or add roles with titles. Or delete them. If you create a new role, make sure to assign them to your avatar so you can choose those titles.

And important: A group must contain of at least 2 members or it will be automatically deleted after 48 hours. So either invite somebody to your group or create an alt and make it member of your group.

• Like 1

Let me add a very important warning, since you may be tempted to create an eyecatching tag for your new group role.  Be VERY careful about how you do it.  There is a system bug that will make it impossible for you to log in to Second Life if your group tag contains "illegal" characters -- that is, symbols that are not part of the standard English Unicode character set. If you use symbols like hearts, crowns, and some letters that are not in the normal alphabet, you could get locked out of SL.  See the JIRA report at https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/SVC-6608?.  When that happens, the only way to get back in is to hope that you can find the group's owner and convince him/her to eject you from the group.  If you are the group's owner, that can be a big challenge.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4083 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.