You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2958 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Pyxie wrote:

English is my first language....my only language lol.

And RL age matters b/c it feel a little uncomfortable to me emoting with someone who's old enough to be my dad, let alone grandpa. Just personal preference I guess *Shrug*

Agreed, and if it's makes you uncomfortable, I see nothing wrong with you asking for those details like age/sex/etc.

And before you tell someone to grow up Drake, just understand that it's their SL, and they can live it the way I want to, just like you.  Deal with it.

Locke Nider wrote:

Pyxie wrote:

And RL age matters b/c it feel a little uncomfortable to me emoting with someone who's old enough to be my dad, let alone grandpa. Just personal preference I guess *Shrug*

Agreed, and if it's makes you uncomfortable, I see nothing wrong with you asking for those details like age/sex/etc.

And before you tell someone to grow up Drake, just understand that it's their SL, and they can live it the way I want to, just like you.  Deal with it.

I don't think you actually read what i posted.. i don't ask for that info.. i don't give a damn about anyones RL.

If they didnt ask for that info they wouldnt have any cause to feel uncomfortabe..

I suppose you freak when you meet a male playing a female as well? or a herm? Why does it matter what someone is in RL?

Locke Nider wrote:

Pyxie wrote:

People are in SL for all kinds of reasons - some people view SL as totally separate from their RL, others enjoy rp and don't want to mix RL info that detracts from the rp, others may be ill or have disabilities and SL provides them the opportunity to "detach" a bit from their RL issues.  I fall into the group that views SL as an extension of my RL - I actually prefer the terms online/offline as, for me, all my life is "real."  Then we have the issue of people in SL from all over the world with various cultures - for some cultures asking the ole online a/s/l would be considered an insult at worst and bad manners at least.

Do people offline walk up to complete strangers and say, "Hi. Where do you live and how old are you?"  (Gender in this case would be a given.) 

Having said that, my opinion is that age/location should not be directly asked of someone in SL.  If someone offers that info, that is their prerogative.  Others may state in their profiles the age range of people they would like to meet.  Back on point to the OP - that might be something to include in your profile.  I currently have something to that effect in my profile. 

Drake1 Nightfire wrote:

Locke Nider wrote:

Pyxie wrote:

I don't think you actually read what i posted.. i don't ask for that info.. i don't give a damn about anyones RL.

If they didnt ask for that info they wouldnt have any cause to feel uncomfortabe..

I suppose you freak when you meet a male playing a female as well? or a herm?
Why does it matter what someone is in RL?

*jumps into the discussion agian*

Well, for me rl informations aren't really needed. I don't ask for them (even more not after meeting someone right away!). I also would date any of the genders you mentioned and from my roleplay experiance so far the best male characters where played by a woman! :matte-motes-bashful-cute-2:

But I can understand the viewpoint here somehow, because I start feeling uncomfortable, when someone shatters the fantasy by showing me too much. I mean...in RL someone wouldn't date that person and the same feeling of "NO" gets carried over.

People who look for RL may should stay there with their active partnersearch, it would make things easier for them.

Czari Zenovka wrote:

People are in SL for all kinds of reasons - some people view SL as totally separate from their RL, others enjoy rp and don't want to mix RL info that detracts from the rp, others may be ill or have disabilities and SL provides them the opportunity to "detach" a bit from their RL issues.  I fall into the group that views SL as an extension of my RL - I actually prefer the terms online/offline as, for me, all my life is "real."  Then we have the issue of people in SL from all over the world with various cultures - for some cultures asking the ole online a/s/l would be considered an insult at worst and bad manners at least.

It definitely depends on the individual. I would never think of asking a stranger or relative stranger in SL for any more RL information that an approximate location. I don't think I've ever even done that; I typically just ask when someone's on (the only valid reason for me wanting to know RL location). I was a bit shocked the first time someone asked me, really. It seemed to me to be so against what I thought SL was all about.

I used to answer "In SL, 29 and holding". People who asked where I was from got, "Help Island".

I just realized I'm into my fifth year of holding at 29. :smileyhappy:

Pyxie wrote:

Looking for a male to spend time with, talk to, cuddle, go dancing with. I'm picky. I'm a young one and every man I meet is 40+ Any human avi single men between mid 20's to mid 30's looking for a NON sub/dom relationship? I starting to think they don't exist!

dunno if you realise but what you asking for is about the same as asking some young guy to watch TV soaps with you. they pretty picky about who they do that with. so can understand why they seem to be quite rare

but if the soap has pr0n in it then they not picky at all. same SL really

My only age requirement is legal.  With that said, I have yet to find myself interested in someone 30s & under.  My oldest son is 25 (trying not to give out my age lol).  Both relationships I had were with men in their 60s.  Can I bang someone younger? Yeah.  I've never flirted with someone who didn't offer their age & ask mine.  My answer is either "way past legal" or "my oldest is 25."  I've just had more interesting conversations with men 40s & up.  More things in common.  And, that's been online period, SL, RL.  It's not *just* SL for me.

Behavior & speech pattern usually tells me a person's age range.  "Yo man, u da mfkkn man."  "Yo sxxyy bttch, how u doin mama?  U cn rawk my werld, u sxxxy bttch!"  Um.. yeah, no.. go away.  I have no interest in reading something three times like I'm in first grade learning how to read again.

This whole thread is a complete and utter hot mess to me. Just Saying.

You CAN not tell how old someone is by how they talk. Thats like me saying ''You're talking young'' ''You're talking old''. When I fail to wonder how can someone talk young or old ? That makes zero sense and the people saying it are highly immature.

I'm pretty young compared to all the other's on Second life, Only 2 people on here actually know my name and even if they didn't they would still like me.

My point is people judging each other because of age is just a bunch of nonsense to me. I could care less how old you are in real or if you are half horse and half human.

• 4 weeks later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2958 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.