You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2957 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Looking for a male to spend time with, talk to, cuddle, go dancing with. I'm picky. I'm a young one and every man I meet is 40+ Any human avi single men between mid 20's to mid 30's looking for a NON sub/dom relationship? I starting to think they don't exist!

Pyxie wrote:

Looking for a male to spend time with, talk to, cuddle, go dancing with. I'm picky. I'm a young one and every man I meet is 40+ Any human avi single men between mid 20's to mid 30's looking for a NON sub/dom relationship? I starting to think they don't exist!

I'm on the flip side - I am 40+ and would love to meet a refined gentleman with whom to spend time; however I run into the 20-somethings with the unimaginative opening IM of "Hi how r u?"  Makes me want to grind my teeth.

Czari Zenovka wrote:

Pyxie wrote:

I'm on the flip side - I am 40+ and would love to meet a refined gentleman with whom to spend time; however I run into the 20-somethings with the unimaginative opening IM of "Hi how r u?"  Makes me want to grind my teeth.

Hi how are u? :P

@OP maybe you are going to the wrong places? For example some jazz club would be the wrong place to find young people.

I hang out at rock/metal clubs and zombie Sims. Lol. I learned to avoid the "Romantic dance clubs"  after hitting 4 for 4 people in thier early 50's....

If you have any suggestions on where to look though let me know. I'm sure people my age all congrugate somewhere.

Czari Zenovka wrote:

Pyxie wrote:

Hi, how are you is a standard English Greeting.  If that really grinds your gears, then something is wrong.  That's like telling a Japanese person not to say "hajimema**bleep**e," when it's an expected standard greeting.

Go to clubs that have the kind of music that 20 somethings like.  You'll meet more younger men there.  You will probably have to kiss a lot of frogs though to find your prince. Most people do.

You should put in your profile the age range of men that you are looking for and be specific about not wanting a sub/Dom relationship.  Maybe even put a blurb in your Picks about what your ideal man would be like.

honerken wrote:

Czari Zenovka wrote:

Pyxie wrote:

Hi, how are you is a standard English Greeting.  If that really grinds your gears, then something is wrong.  That's like telling a Japanese person not to say "hajimema**bleep**e," when it's an expected standard greeting.

Its about the spelling, not the meaning. I'm young...but I can't stand this habit some have to use u instead of you and r instead of are.

And I'm absolutly sure that age matters, even in SL. From my experiance the 40+ men can act pretty strange. They seem all to desperate to find a girlfriend and are pretty "open" when it comes to RL information...which is kind of weird within the first half hour of knowing someone. Ok, could be my bad luck....but I can understand the OP somehow.

I disagree. You really shouldn't make gross generalizations like this.

I've met plenty that haven't asked me a thing about RL until we've known each other a while   In my experience it is the young ones that are in the facebook/twitter generation and are used to publishing their RL all over the internet that are more apt to come right out with questions about RL first thing.

Age does make a difference too unless its complete RP.  While there are exceptions, you don't have much in common with someone that is way out of your age range. Personally, many of the 20 something people I've met may be great as a friend, but aren't date or partner material simply because they haven't experienced much of life yet. 

Darren Scorpio wrote:

Czari Zenovka wrote:

Pyxie wrote:

Hi how are u?
:P

@OP maybe you are going to the wrong places? For example some jazz club would be the wrong place to find young people.

I've met some of the "Hi, how r u" types there too...they're everywhere.....!!!!!! ;)

honerken wrote:

Czari Zenovka wrote:

Pyxie wrote:

I think you misunderstand me - it is not the greeting the gets on my nerves, it's the "l33t speak" and using letters for words like r = are.  I come from a time when people spoke in complete sentences.

Monti Messmer wrote:

Does age in SL matters ? All Avatars look in their 20s or so and some 20yr old acting like grannys or vice versa ;-)

Monti

It does if one wishes to have more than a superficial relationship.  There is a completely different frame of reference for people of different generations.  This is not to say I don't have friends of all ages in SL,  I just prefer someone in my age range for conversation on deeper levels than chit-chat.

Syo Emerald wrote:

honerken wrote:

Czari Zenovka wrote:

Pyxie wrote:

Its about the spelling, not the meaning. I'm young...but I can't stand this habit some have to use u instead of you and r instead of are.

And I'm absolutly sure that age matters, even in SL. From my experiance the 40+ men can act pretty strange. They seem all to desperate to find a girlfriend and are pretty "open" when it comes to RL information...which is kind of weird within the first half hour of knowing someone. Ok, could be my bad luck....but I can understand the OP somehow.

Thanks Syo re: the l33t speech thing :)  And could those of you who are meeting the 40+ men please send them my way....lol.  Although, that is also the age some men go through the "middle age crazies" and are looking for younger women.  Hmmmm...there must be some way to figure this out. ;)

Pyxie wrote:

personally, i dont care how old a person is in RL, so long as they are over 18. Im in SL for fun and to explore. I am not looking for a RL relationship. unless one is looking to take it to RL why does it matter?

why do i get the feeling that english is not your first language?

Amethyst Jetaime wrote:

I've met plenty that haven't asked me a thing about RL until we've known each other a while   In my experience it is the young ones that are in the facebook/twitter generation and are used to publishing their RL all over the internet that are more apt to come right out with questions about RL first thing.

Age does make a difference too unless its complete RP.  While there are exceptions, you don't have much in common with someone that is way out of your age range. Personally, many of the 20 something people I've met may be great as a friend, but aren't date or partner material simply because they haven't experienced much of life yet. 

Like I said, they are not all the same...maybe only those you meet at a certain type of place are this way. For me, those places were either romantic dance clubs or beaches. And its not like they would ask...they mostly push their RL into your face without a warning. (Thats why I called them kind of desperate).

I remember two examples at the moment. One was a guy I met at a beach. We were probably talking for around 15 minutes until he started to tell me his age, talk about where he lives, showed me his rl picture on his profile and last but not least gave me a google maps link to where his hometown exactly is.

The other one was at a romantic dance club. It ended with him making a huge drama, because he desperately needed to know if I would ever consider to be his girlfriend (he didn't wanted to be just friends without getting an answer to that). Also he strangly had to tell me his age and that he is married in RL. All that surrounded by a huge drama, ending by ignoring me. :catfrustrated:

Both were around 40-50 years old. Doesn't sound like age makes someone wiser.

Syo Emerald wrote:

Amethyst Jetaime wrote:

Like I said, they are not all the same...maybe only those you meet at a certain type of place are this way. For me, those places were either romantic dance clubs or beaches. And its not like they would ask...they mostly push their RL into your face without a warning. (Thats why I called them kind of desperate).

I remember two examples at the moment. One was a guy I met at a beach. We were probably talking for around 15 minutes until he started to tell me his age, talk about where he lives, showed me his rl picture on his profile and last but not least gave me a google maps link to where his hometown exactly is.

The other one was at a romantic dance club. It ended with him making a huge drama, because he desperately needed to know if I would ever consider to be his girlfriend (he didn't wanted to be just friends without getting an answer to that). Also he strangly had to tell me his age and that he is married in RL. All that surrounded by a huge drama, ending by ignoring me. :catfrustrated:

Both were around 40-50 years old. Doesn't sound like age makes someone wiser.

I've had this happen with young guys too.  Within minutes of meeting I'm getting the, "I'm from <wherever> and I'm 22.  How about you?"  and variations of that.  I've had the initial IM be, "Hi, I'm 22, how old r u?"

I'm thinking this is a "person" thing and not an age thing necessarily.  I do agree with Amethyst on the FB thing with "some" (not all) people becoming more relaxed about giving out RL info more readily - and that could cut across age groups.

ETA:  My personal experience has been that it's the younger guys who almost immediately ask for my RL photo.  Again, that's been my experience, your mileage may vary as we used to say on IRC. :)

I have had more than a dozen  people between 20 and 25 tell me the city they live in, their age, birthday, and rl name.. i share my age, when asked, and my region. thats bout it.. there are very very few people in SL that know my city and even fewer that know my name.

So, while I was on a long drive today I remembered a (now) funny story from years ago that is on this general subject:

I'm out shopping in SL and get an IM from a guy I've never met:

Him:  Hi...how old r u?  I'm 20

Me: (Thinking this would have him running for the hills):  Old enough to be your mother.

Him: Ooooo, an experimented* woman.  I like experimented women.  U teach me; u teach me many things.

Realizing this had backfired I did not say anything else but for the next few minutes this guy followed me around saying:

U r an experimented woman - I want u teach me; u teach me good English.

Yeah, I've never used that line again. :matte-motes-sour:

I'm hoping the guy meant "experienced woman" - "experimented" sounds like I was a science project...lol.

English is my first language....my only language lol.

And RL age matters b/c it feel a little uncomfortable to me emoting with someone who's old enough to be my dad, let alone grandpa. Just personal preference I guess *Shrug*

With exceptions according to the vagaries of chance, of course age matters in SL. Far more important to me than how someone looks, is what's in their mind and in their heart. Those are, after all, the things that we share with each other. It's nice to have a fun wrapper to look at, be it beautiful, handsome, mysterious, dark and dangerous, or whatever. It's what's inside that we enjoy (if we are lucky) discovering.

Drake1 Nightfire wrote:

I have had more than a dozen  people between 20 and 25 tell me the city they live in, their age, birthday, and rl name.. i share my age, when asked, and my region. thats bout it.. there are very very few people in SL that know my city and even fewer that know my name.

I just found the 40+ guys to be a bit more creepy than the younger folks, who ask for RL informations. But in general I dislike that behavior no matter what age.

Syo Emerald wrote:

Drake1 Nightfire wrote:

I just found the 40+ guys to be a bit more creepy than the younger folks, who ask for RL informations. But in general I dislike that behavior no matter what age.

so, what you are saying is, it's ok for younger people to ask and share RL info but it's creepy when older people do it..

brain full of.jpg

Pyxie wrote:

English is my first language....my only language lol.

And RL age matters b/c it feel a little uncomfortable to me emoting with someone who's old enough to be my dad, let alone grandpa. Just personal preference I guess *Shrug*

why? are you going to meet them in RL? I am going to guess you are a dancer in SL? if so, it shouldn't matter what age someone is. If you want their money.

If not, then you should find out their age before you start having sex with them, or better yet, ignore it. They could be lying anyway. you have no idea how old anyone really is in SL.

Grandpa?!?! what are you 12? Stop emoting with strangers and you won't have this issue. I'm guessing you don't find Johnny Depp, Robert Downey Jr, Patrick Dempsey, Will Smith, Matthew Fox, Hugh Jackman, Matt Damon, Chris O'Donnel, David Boreanaz oh hell.. HERE is a list.. are they all nasty and would freak you out?  Grow up. It's just SL, not RL.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2957 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.